Suggestions for warm water fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has a set of Tusa’s that were light, decently stiff, and worked well for typical OC single tank stuff. Started taking CCR to warm water and wanted to keep weight down for packing so I tried SP GoSports, which with a CCR and BO bottle, were just dismal. Finally just got a pair of the Deep6 Eddys in a smaller size, than I use for cold water, and since they are neutral, they work great in warm water.

I would definitely try the SP Nova design

Too big for travel as compared to the Deep 6 Eddy fins. Plus, even the gorilla versions are not as stiff.

To the OP, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a warm water travel fin that outperforms the Deep 6 Eddy in terms of stiffness, comfort, compactness, and weight. Traveling with scuba gear as we all know is a PITA. With the exception of diving in round bottomed steel twinsets (one of the things I look forward to moving to Europe is access to flat bottomed steel tanks), I use the Deep 6 Eddy fins.

You should have gone to Specsavers

full.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom