World's deepest diving pool in Poland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meh...these deep indoors pools are much more interesting in the videos like you linked to than they are in real life. Nemo 33 is about 35 to 40 minutes from where I live and TODI is about an hour and half +/-. The excitement wears off rather quick when one realizes they are spending a lot of money to dive in a rather sterile environment. Though TODI is full of fish, it too is rather mind numbing after the first 10 minutes.

-Z

I wouldn't mind having one nearby to practice or test out my gear.

They typically don't let you bring anything but your mask and computer to protect the quality of the water.

Nemo 33 is very warm, no need for exposure suit, and they don't allow anything but a bathing suit and rashguard type top but even the top is not necessary. They provide fins, regulators and BCDs. and the tanks are 12L short steel tanks that are very heavy...without exposure suit everyone is over-weighted by the tanks so no weights are needed or allowed.

TODI allows the most personal gear. In addition to mask and computer, one can bring their own wetsuit, regulators, full foot fins, and camera equipment. They have a tub that you have to dunk and rinse your gear in to disinfect it as measure to protect the health of the fish. They provide the tanks, BCDs, and weight pouches. The average depth at TODI is between 4 meters and 6 meters, the deepest part is 10 meters in the very center of the pool under some pipes.

At 25 euros for a 45 minute session at NEMO and 35 euros for a session at TODI it is not all that economical to dive these place with any frequency, nor would one want to.

Most divers in the region are a member of a dive club, and most dive clubs hold pool sessions once a week at a community pool.

The region I live in is currently plagued by 2 issues.....one everything is currently closed due to covid restrictions, and a lot of the community pools are old and are being shut down due to the high costs of maintenance and refurbishment.

The club I am a part of is only currently affected by the covid restrictions but the pool we use almost closed for good a number of months ago.

-Z

Korea has one clocked at 26meters deep (K26). Favorite part of the pool isn't the 26 meter hole, but the air pocket room.
Open Water C-card holders are only permitted to dive up to 10m there. :eek::popcorn:

They typically don't let you bring anything but your mask and computer to protect the quality of the water

Same with the shark pool in Dubai mall, and they provide fins that are about 3" longer than your feet!

It is rumoured that a 100m deep pool is under construction here in Dubai at one of the palaces.

Korea has one clocked at 26meters deep (K26). Favorite part of the pool isn't the 26 meter hole, but the air pocket room.
Open Water C-card holders are only permitted to dive up to 10m there. :eek::popcorn:

Nemo33 has a swim through at approximately 10 meters deep that has a couple of air pockets where one can stick their head out of the water and chat with their buddy. It seems fairly popular too.

The bottom of the pool is kind of meh...you go down and watch your no-deco time tick down while staring at others doing the same thing and then start ascending about 5 to 7 minutes later...depending on how close to the "edge" one wants to get.

The whole experience is very novel the first time, but it is not something folks do with any sense of frequency. Usually it is an annual club outing, or a dead of winter type activity in Jan/Feb when one just doesn't want to brave the grey cold and wet climate (which extends from October through March).

The asian-fusion restaurant in the lobby makes good food though, and there is also a bar to enjoy a good beer (one of Belgium's specialties).

-Z

Ex deepest pool is Y-40 in Italy. The regime is the same as you can only take mask, computer and camera and other things you get at the pool. Temperature is constant and swimsuit is all you need.

Its pretty exiting at first, but after you explore everything in 15 minutes it gets boring. Would go again but after a few years.

Reactions: Zef
I am looking forward to trying some of these simply because if i am close by for work i can sneak a dive in. I don't think i would make a special trip to any for most of the reasons above, but if i can blow some bubbles whilst at work then why not!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom