Suit me Up....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone was just talking about on another thread lol, didn't know they were sooo cheap! But is it semi-dry? looks like it tho, but no hood which is important too me...<TG>

it is not a semi dry, that would require a dry zipper. I have one though and it is very warm, the seals at the wrist and ankle are very good, the only place I ever feel any chill is near the neckline and zipper and that never lasts long; a hood with a nice wide bib flange helps with it.

for me the quality of construction, the pockets, and the cost made it worth the trade offs.

I know a number of folks, including a very regular buddy, who love the AquaLung Sol Afx semi dry. No zipper issues.
I am one of those. Great suits. Though sadly mine hasn't seen any use since I went drysuit.

My usual dive buddy and I both have the Hollis semi dry. We bought them for Galapagos LOB and have also used them in the quarry and New England diving. Great suit. Never a problem. I would buy this suit again.

it is not a semi dry, that would require a dry zipper. I have one though and it is very warm, the seals at the wrist and ankle are very good, the only place I ever feel any chill is near the neckline and zipper and that never lasts long; a hood with a nice wide bib flange helps with it.

for me the quality of construction, the pockets, and the cost made it worth the trade offs.
So you have the 7mm model?<TG>

I have the hollis 8mm neotec for 130 dives. Zip leaks like a sieve. I lent it to a friend the other day and he though he'd forgotten to close the zip that's how much water comes in. Although I have to say it's amazingly tough and the pockets are nice. I would reccomend the bare velocity, very warm and comfy but more fragile than the neotec.

So you have the 7mm model?<TG>
i have the 3mm and the 7mm, have dove the 7mm down to mid 50s with no problem whatsover, would be comfortable taking it down to high 40s, not sure about lower. I will admit it is a beast to get on and off, but that is more a function of 7mm period.

I am more comfortable in a dry suit, but if you are set on a wetsuit it is a good choice.

Here are my favorite suits all are hood attached shoulder zip. Fit is most important and these fit me the best.

1. Xcel Hydroflex - Most comfortable but not semi dry. 150+ dives on this suit and still in good shape.
2. Bare Velocity - Had to go a size down than I normally use it is a semi dry and it has a dry suit zipper. 40 dives on it and is a very warm suit but can tear.
3. Pinnacle Polar M8 - My wife and son use these and love them it is semi dry. Very durable suit with pockets.

Deep 6 suit as others have mentioned. If you want a hood, just get a separate one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom