Is it really a good deal and don’t buy used especially when new to diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because i've read multiple times about pockets to store things away:
Be aware that pockets on some bcds are akward to reach or are almost "full" after you inserted the integrated weight pouches.
Just a thing to check if you buying a bcd with pockets.

Because i've read multiple times about pockets to store things away:
Be aware that pockets on some bcds are akward to reach or are almost "full" after you inserted the integrated weight pouches.
Just a thing to check if you buying a bcd with pockets.

Thats why my pockets are on my wet or dry suits.

That is very tempting. Anyone ever bought from aliexpress or have experience with that wing?
I routinely buy from Aliexpress. Very reliable seller, if there is any problem they usually ship you another new unit for free, and they do not even ask that you ship back
the old one.
Aliexpress also comes with its safe payment system, Alipay: it is possibly better than Paypal, and definitely far better than our Italian system Postepay.
I mostly purchase electronics boards (Arduino boards, IMUs, cables, batteries, plugs, displays, sensors, microphones, LED bulbs).
I also buy accessories for my motorbikes and bycicles.
Never purchased scuba equipment, but I am also very tempted by these compact wings.
Of course I would never thrust life-supporting devices, such as a regulator. But for the components of a backpack+wing there are not real dangers in case of malfunctioning, so I am also evaluating this cheap solution for when the travel limitations will be removed (possibly this summer).
Only problem is to order a couple of months in advance, as our Italian customs can take months to clear the shipping, asking you to pay the custom fees.
This does not only affect products coming from China, indeed. It happens from every country outside EU, and particularly for goods coming from US.

We're getting up to embroidered with diamonds prices now

Well I'm still using the $75 10yr old+ bc I bought at the Burpengary hock shop 10 years ago
got a few more spare ones hanging around in boxes waiting for it to wear out. No such luck

Diving? Shopping? Diving? Shopping? Diving!

Halcyon and OMS both have pink (and other color) options if that’s your thing.

Halcyon Dive Systems

OMS Performance Mono Wing

Both of these wings can be purchased separately and then attached to cheaper webbing and backplate, assuming you like the bp/w over the jacket

edit: forgot about the Dive Rite one: Dive Rite Travel EXP Wing

I don’t know too much about putting stuff together. I just read a ton of good things about the Hydros. I’m intrigued by the idea it moulds (correct spelling in Aus) to your body. It’s meant to dry super fast which is great for travel and that’s really important to me when things settle down. It’s meant to be comfortable and I really like how it looks too, if being really honest. I’m not saying that’s absolutely it but I feel like I could plunk down the cash and not have to buy another one for how many years. It’s also set up than you can replace a lot of the bits and pieces easily too. Of course, this is just the opinion of a very green diver so what do I know anyway. Lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom