NAUI category

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the beginning of this century, the Internet was still the wild, wild west for most of the Scuba industry. ScubaBoard was not well received by many in the industry because I refused to actively censor posts to make the industry look good. SDI was the true pioneer, with PADI close on their heels. DEMA hates us and I've even been called the most reckless man on the internet by the president/owner of one agency.

It amazes me that FB is pushed so hard since people never FB a product or a site: they Google it. Google pays me to be on here and when people are looking for info on Scuba, they often find ScubaBoard. Why wouldn't an agency not want to be here? Why don't all agencies want to be here? [/rant]

Yeah, NAUI is more than welcome to come and play. I would love to see them here.

@tbone1004
"take it up with them, as a NAUI instructor for over a decade, I'd love to have them on here."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tbone
With posts like that ...You remind me f the lyrics of that song from long ago

"You make me fell so young
Lile spring has sprung ...."

In a few short months it will be six (6) decades for me -- 60 years !

Keep up the good work

Sam

cc
@The Chairman

In a few short months it will be six (6) decades for me -- 60 years !

Keep up the good work
Amazing.
It's 52 years diving [1968] and 34 years with NAUI for me [and others 'ad nauseam' even longer]
This getting old is not for the timid.
NAUI sent me a 30 year pin and I am now an Instructor Emeritus.

My 30 year pin from NAUI
20201214_135606 (2).jpg

I have mentioned SB to people at NAUI before, I got blank looks. Last time I was at the Corp Office, I was being instructed be people in the office that are not even OW certified.

I recently completed my Crossover to TDI/SDI, the support so far has been great. Not sure I will renew NAUI next year.

Back
Top Bottom