Telford For Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok,

This would do it. Should they purchase this property, I could see myself returning to the NSS-CDS fold. :banghead:

It’s too easy to just scooter upstream from the boat ramp.

Zillow details have now been modified.....

I bet Nestlé would buy it.

I negotiated the current access with the owners we have now, because they liked cave divers, but they couldn't leave the gate open for us, so we came up with the plan of staying in the spring run- long liability story. I did make an offer of purchase for the CDS,but if I recall correctly Suwannee River Water Management has first right to refusal. The paradigm I wish would happen is the Trust for Public lands purchase it, like they did with the land near Peacock, which included Pump, Walker, and Baptizing, then they turned the land over to the state, which became a conservation easement for Peacock. If SWRWM retains the site, then recreational access is unlikely and it would become a permit only cave dive site; if the state parks obtains it, then they will want to really do some erosional control before they allow access, which depending on their cofers will be some time- either way access from the river will not be permitted, and will be met by law enforcement.

I suspect it's considered a flood plain, same reason that you can't build any more on the Dive Outpost site

There are provisions for building in flood plains. If you ever notice when the state purchased Lafayette blue they tore down the original county toilet, and built one the is a story high, with handicap elevator access. Also, they built some nice cabins out there too, but there are built on elevation. You'll find some structures at parks aren't permanently mounted, and they disconnect power, and cart them to higher elevation.

I negotiated the current access with the owners we have now, because they liked cave divers, but they couldn't leave the gate open for us, so we came up with the plan of staying in the spring run- long liability story. I did make an offer of purchase for the CDS,but if I recall correctly Suwannee River Water Management has first right to refusal. The paradigm I wish would happen is the Trust for Public lands purchase it, like they did with the land near Peacock, which included Pump, Walker, and Baptizing, then they turned the land over to the state, which became a conservation easement for Peacock. If SWRWM retains the site, then recreational access is unlikely and it would become a permit only cave dive site; if the state parks obtains it, then they will want to really do some erosional control before they allow access, which depending on their cofers will be some time- either way access from the river will not be permitted, and will be met by law enforcement.

How do we get the public trust for lands interested? Would definitely be a bummer if SWRWM obtains the property and then denies everyone access.

Also, I'm curious why SWRWM has that policy, is there any history there or backstory?

How do we get the public trust for lands interested? Would definitely be a bummer if SWRWM obtains the property and then denies everyone access.

Also, I'm curious why SWRWM has that policy, is there any history there or backstory?
At one time Bruce Ryan, who was a CDS manager worked for them, and was key in purchasing the land near Peacock. I have lost track of him,but I will make some inquiries. Telford could become a grey areas property like Ruth. We don't have overt access to the site, we just access it because diving is left off the sign. One day they will figure it out, and either shut down diving like Falmouth, or allow recreational access, like never.

So, what is the current "access policy"?

I have wondered as many divers are crossing overland rather than swimming upriver or boating to the run.

So, what is the current "access policy"?

I have wondered as many divers are crossing overland rather than swimming upriver or boating to the run.

The access policy that was arrived at with the owner is as long as you are staying in the water of the spring run from the river, then they are fine with it. If people are accessing the property by land this puts the owner in a liability situation, which is why we are in the situation we are now, and violates a trust that was established, and perhaps hurts access.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom