Fins. Looking for a rainbow unicorn. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for recommendations for a replacement warm-water (travel) fins. I currently own two sets, neither is optimum for me:
Apollo Bio-Fins:
Pro:
very good power​
Cons:
heavy (very heavy to pack for travel)
heavy (I need to move my tank quite high or put a weight around the tank neck to get good balance)
'precision maneuvering' can be difficult
Hollis F2:
Pro:
quite light to pack
precision maneuvering is a snap​
Con:
No power for current or when you need to move quickly
Is there such a thing as a light weight, high power fin?

I love my deep6 fins. A little less power than my Hollis F1s, but lighter, and powerful enough to move me in doubles with a stage! I travel with them as well.

Deep6, force fins pro and up, those scubapro fins...

Scubapro Go Sport

That's what I was trying to say. However, if you move through the water like a juggernaut you are going to fold them in half.

That's what I was trying to say. However, if you move through the water like a juggernaut you are going to fold them in half.
I don't have personal experience. A DM from Jupiter Dive Center was able to keep up with me in very brisk current pulling us off the reef and she had the flag. I asked her about them and she had nothing but positive comments. I was diving my Dive Rite XTs and would consider myself a strong swimmer. I travel with my XTs, may get a pair of Go Sports for smaller, lighter weight fins. Both my XTs and the Go Sports are made of monoprene. I doubt you could "fold them in half"

I don't have personal experience. A DM from Jupiter Dive Center was able to keep up with me in very brisk current pulling us off the reef and she had the flag. I asked her about them and she had nothing but positive comments. I was diving my Dive Rite XTs and would consider myself a strong swimmer. I travel with my XTs, may get a pair of Go Sports for smaller, lighter weight fins. Both my XTs and the Go Sports are made of monoprene. I doubt you could "fold them in half"

OK. Maybe I exaggerated.

Light weight and carbon fiber......

https://www.makospearguns.com/Carbon-Elite-Freedive-Fins-p/mceff.htm

MCEFF-2T.jpg

Back
Top Bottom