Nitrox course. What's the point?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're doing repetitive dives with short SI's it could mean the difference between an NDL dive or a deco dive.

If you're doing repetitive dives with short SI's it could mean the difference between an NDL dive or a deco dive.
Right. Which means you are pushing the limits. From the diver’s perspective, there is a benefit. From the DC manufacturer’s perspective there isn’t much benefit. Without a doubt, it could be done, but you also have to weigh the possibility of the diver selecting the wrong surface mix. For the benefit of a handful of divers who do surface O2 scrubbing, the risk just seems too great.

I never wrote such a thing I wrote that BSAC Sports divers learn deco diving and are recreational divers.
I was talking OW Tec diving not your deco diving!!!
What is your definition of OW Tec diving? Mine is very simple and it does involve with using any deco mix up to 100%.
BSAC Sports diver(max 35m) won't be qualified to tec dive with me.

Tennis ball saver plus some water, though I'm not sure which dive comps would fit in ones for tennis balls. Pressurised just slightly.
image.jpeg
Or a tall tube of water with the dive comp at the bottom.

Too much discourse for a diver asking about nitrox who will not exceed NDL diving me thinks.

A lot of information is nice to read but why not have a separate thread for the mixed gas decompression diving. Dody just wanted to know the benefits of doing a nitrox course.

I use nitrox 32% when a dive buddy is using nitrox. Sometimes if a dive is with divers using 21% I may use a nitrox 32% mix and leave my computer on 21%. Overall is that better to use nitrox over multiple dives per day over multiple days like I do. Sure.

Dody asked is it safe to do 3 or 4 ( no deco ) recreational dives a day on air and the answer is yes. Is it even better to use Nitrox on some or all of those dives then the answer is yes. Do I use nitrox all the time, no. Dody needs to do the course to get nitrox for dives and if he does do a liveaboard he may find it is a requirement to be nitrox certified.

How is this thread 48 pages? Lol

This is simple:
- Nitrox creates less N2 loading for a given depth time exposure.
- O2 toxicity is an issue with greater O2 concentration and depth.
- It takes a card to get fills.

Why a simple question on nitrox course for New Divers would lead to deco dive and beyond?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom