fins rub on top of foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep in mind that feet do not always have the same geometry; ie: the right foot may be a diff girth compared the left. There are physiologic reasons for this as well as anatomic reasons.
I can vouch for this. I discovered it about my own feet at Basic Training -- one boot created a pressure spot on top of the foot, the other boot did not. That one point was slightly higher on one foot than the other.

let me ressurect this cold meat to ask him about news... :)
Шнуровка калош ласт для подводной охоты
some another examples of the fins lacing
IMG-20210102-WA0040.jpg
IMG-20210103-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20210103-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20210103-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20210102-WA0041.jpg

339128902_i(1).jpg

EEVu5rEovSY.jpg

kw2FFSH5Few.jpg

930445858_.jpg

Try some Force fins and your problems will go away. Very different ..

I have the top of the foot ankle issue with jet type fins. My solution was the shears. After you get over the psychological aspect you’re good. The new radius completely solved the problem and has no other side effects.

What is a
jet type fin

Jets have a softer rubber moulded into the top of the mouth

Where are your pictures of your work and your particular fin

man

Thanks

@op, I had a similar problem with jetfins. on long dives the tops of my feet started to get very uncomfortable. i switched to turtle fins which have a bigger foot pocket and I found that gave me a couple more hours before the discomfort would start to set in. they might be a tad heavy for wetsuit diving, though.

If no one mentioned this, i had rubbing from having the fin straps too tight. Didn't realize it at first but I started to just pull straps until they were just snug and did not have a problem after that. The other problem that happen is Achilles rubbing on stitching in the back of the bootie. Started putting on nylon skin first which has stirrups around foot that hold it in place. Easy to slip on booties and makes putting on wetsuit very easy as well.

Just some more tricks:
How to install brass grommet on to rubber overshoes (how to make nice hole for the grommet)
Need: Screw, wooden plate (birch only), and screwdriver.
All other tricks you can see on the video.

just few important points to translate:
- make small hole before screwing, for more acuracy, e.g. by awl.
- grommet will autocentered on the screw, by cone head of the screw.
- (not in the video) after this trick you will need anyway to use grommet press for final install of the rim.
- about "only birch" - it was a joke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom