About Coltri.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sub100

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Honest question..is Coltri any good?

Until I started reading this forum the other day I had never heard of Coltri. I have been on the web reading and looked at thier website and that of some of thier dealers. Seems they have a decent product from what I can tell and what I have read here.

Coltri users.... what are your experiences either good or bad?

Well, I did meet mr. Coltri the first time in 1982.
He was some sort of a genius inventor. He developed the MCH6 while working for another company, and then he got problems getting the whole intellectual property of it and starting his own company. Those machines were small, light and cheap compared with competition. Unfortunately, at last initially, they were not very reliable. My first unit did last just a couple of years, and using it only for "family fills" as a vacation diver.
Year after year the design was improved, better materials employed, and currently they are considered decently reliable machines for personal usage.
In the meanwhile mr. Coltri did also start production of bigger machines for professional usage. These were initially rebranded units from an English manufacturer, later on Italian-made machines were developed.
I see these bigger Coltri compressors in use at diving centers, and doing dozens of tanks per day, all the year around. So definitely they are quite reliable. Here in Italy they did sell A LOT of them...
However, if I had to buy I compressor, I would stay traditional and get a Bauer Capitan 140. I used them when working at resorts in Maldives, an THOSE are truly reliable and safe...

Honest question..is Coltri any good?

Until I started reading this forum the other day I had never heard of Coltri. I have been on the web reading and looked at thier website and that of some of thier dealers. Seems they have a decent product from what I can tell and what I have read here.

Coltri users.... what are your experiences either good or bad?
I’ve had a petrol driven Coltri MCH-6 for about 5 years. Its rated to 300bar. First thing I did was fit casters (with brakes) in place of the rubber legs, makes moving it round so much easier.

I'm constantly being told they deliver wet fills. None of my cylinders have even raised a comment during hydro or visual testing. I do vent the system of moisture every ten minutes.

Its compact enough to fit in the back of my car (Lexus 450h) with the rest of my, and dive buddy’s, dive kit, including drysuits. Its currently delivering around 100Lt/min. which is more than enough to fill 2 tanks during a surface interval

Ive had an electric mch6 for 4 years and hasn’t caused me any issues. The switch died but replaced under warranty no big deal.

I have added a much bigger filter tower as well to my fill station.

I would buy it again for sure

They seem to be economical compared to Bauer. Are the newer Bauer THAT much better?

Coltri has been around for decades

I have using an electric MCH6 since 2012. I use it for filling nitrox, trimix and keeping a 100 litre airbank topped up. No reliability issues at all. What I learned the hardway is that the capcitors in the switch box do not like being run for more than 80 minutes at a time max.

My LDS has two Coltri's , one electric, one gasoline... he's been operating those for 3 years with no problems. I purchased a gasoline powered MCH6 for personal use using it for trips to remote mountain lakes. Fits the bill perfectly.

I've an mch6 electric single phase and it runs great. I use it for filling a few tanks a week so not worried about speed. I've worked in a lot of Dive shops and while it's true that you mostly see Bauer there is plenty of coltri's around too. They've been around for years and they're widespread so that's proof enough they're reliable

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom