Swimsuit under Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For wetsuit - definitely a pair of jammers or similar.

It becomes interesting if doing a boat dive from some of the harbours here. The parking is just off the main street so going commando is not advised unless you want to scare kids or get arrested. At least with jammers, I can get the wetsuit off without exposing anything worrying, then put on a surffur or similar while I change them. Trying to go from wetsuit direct to underwear is too much to manage in the street.

I only go commando in winter as , as mentioned, since I gear up & down in the house. But during summer I change from bathing suit to pants inside the van. It is amazing, considering the number of sites here basically in the boonies, how often some car will pull up right beside you to make this a challenge. Like when alone on a beach sunbathing and a family has to set up maybe 10 feet from you when they have the whole &^%$ing beach.
GO AWAY !

A variant question of the original post:

it now seems that unless I go commando under the wetsuit, the boys get squished up (disappear in groin) upon pulling up my wetsuit and remain that way throughout the dive and for a period thereafter. It is not painful but is uncomfortable. And I do not like going commando.

Anyone experience a similar issue? Suggestions?

If you haven't finished procreation, freeze some and get detesticulised
they're better the younger you are anyway

it now seems that unless I go commando under the wetsuit, the boys get squished up (disappear in groin) upon pulling up my wetsuit and remain that way throughout the dive and for a period thereafter. It is not painful but is uncomfortable. And I do not like going commando.

If you are having that experience I would suggest a different wetsuit. The one you have is obviously too tight or too short.

https://www.armorednutshellz.com/

How do the Aeroskins fit? I’m 240lbs with a 38” waist. It’s not clear which size is right for me.

I just ordered a pair of these in 3XL (yeah, that’s embarrassing) as a start:
https://www.amazon.com/Swimming-Athletic-Professional-Swimsuits-Resistant/dp/B07R3XWG8L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2GGE8F3N7O6NC&keywords=tyr+men’s&qid=1665847179&sprefix=%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

The price made it pretty low risk.

This thread reminds me of a perk of going dry like 98 percent of my diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom