Deep 6 equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the military divers beg to differ, the rescue swimmers much prefer the Eddy/Slipstreams for flutter kicking, though I admit that I wish that Deep6 would come out with a negatively buoyant version
Well if you believe the guy from force fins, the military prefers them ...

Well if you believe the guy from force fins, the military prefers them ...

I'll believe my students that are Navy SEALS, EOD, and Coast Guard rescue swimmers. None of them use Force Fins... Some units do, but all of the rescue swimmers and SEALS are using OMS Slipstreams

Let’s get back on topic people. This is not helping the OP.
There are different opinions on the subject. Some people love, some not so much.
My experience as a ‘new diver’ owning Deep6 gear. Take of it what you want.

I own the Signature regs. They work well. Stable without issue. I can breath really well with them. Are there better regs out there? I don’t know, but I saved a lot of money buying them and am happy with the purchase. No regrets.
I own the Eddy Fins. They fit well and I like the adjustable spring strap. My only issue was I had to struggle out of a current. I do not know if was because of the fins, my bad form, or stress. Either way, no regrets.
Lastly, I own the 3mm wetsuit. It is well made, comfortable and fits as good as any other I have tried given my weird body shape. There are things like Kevlar reinforcement in the crotch and knees which is cool but overkill for my needs, but for the price point, a no brainer.
I own their dive computer but have not used it due to the pandemic.
Deep6 are not perfect, but they try. And for that I give them credit. As someone on a limited budget, I feel I got more than my money’s worth from them, and I appreciate that. I own other brand gear, and not a’ cool aid drinker’ but you should give them a chance if they offer you a product you need.
@landon has always been kind, friendly and helpful, and @Chris Richardson has been great. He even called me when I had a concern to talk about it. That is great customer care.

depending on your point of view, yes
I actually laughed out loud at that.

You don't work in IT, do you? You see, outsourcing assembly/manufacturing is so incredible common in the high tech sector. I worked at Intel in the late 90s, and as the fabs that made the 486 microprocessor stopped making them, Intel had their chipsets to be fabricated by companies such as Toshiba, Hitachi, and a host of other companies. So those were not Intel products then?

The hard part is the engineering and design. Deep 6 did the hard work. It doesn't make economic sense for them to create a manufacturing facility to make their own regs. There isn't the volume to justify the expense and headache.

I'm curious who you think makes your computer, as the parts are from so many different vendors.

Intel fabs their chips still, which is why they are losing to AMD because their 10nm node is behind TSMC 7nm and 5nm.

TSMC (the oem) is why AMD / Apple are doing so well. they're the ones doing the hardest part of building and maintaining the foundry and fab process.

Intel fabs their chips still, which is why they are losing to AMD because their 10nm node is behind TSMC 7nm and 5nm.

TSMC (the oem) is why AMD / Apple are doing so well. they're the ones doing the hardest part of building and maintaining the foundry and fab process.
Ok, time to step out as now we are getting into the weeds. Sorry to the OP for a subthread that become completely irrelevant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom