Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just few I collected over the years [some more in the safe] only 3 there I dive with , all 200m or more.
20210120_123654.jpg

Crap phone camera.

I've been using a Freestyle Ballistic dive watch for years. I bought it used for $30. Replaced the battery in it once, and it's never given me a problem underwater. I typically have the watch on one wrist, computer on the other. I don't need two computers... if my one computer fails, the watch gives me all the info I need. (My computer's not air integrated.)

I recall some advice in Sheck Exley's book regarding taking expensive things (watches, knives, etc) diving: if we drop cheap stuff, it's easier to let it go and not risk our safety going after it (to a depth that could be a bit too deep.) In that respect, diving with my $30 watch (or Sheck's $25 Casio...) is safer than diving with a Rolex.

Casio Rangeman. Indestructible. Solar powered, sets itself from WWV every day, compass, thermometer.

- Rolex Sub, used, $6500, and worth about $7500 a few years later. $1000 gain.

Economics majors should rightly point out "opportunity cost" but the above numbers can sometimes be used to justify buying that nice Rolex! :)

back the
Truck up
Chuck

each year, add the annual if-you’re-going-to-dive-it service, what? $650
Then the 10 year overhaul? $1250+

Just few I collected over the years [some more in the safe] only 3 there I dive with , all 200m or more.View attachment 637387
Crap phone camera.
A Seiko White Monster! (Is it?)

A Seiko White Monster! (Is it?)
Nah, only Seiko's there are the ones on the far right , both solar 200m , the one at the top is a Tauchmeister 1937 [T0104] 1000m, [a real one, not a copy].
The black Seiko 200m with the NATO band is the dive watch and I wear most diving.

Edit: Typo.

My current favorite dive watch and the one I wear everyday is the Seiko SKX007 with a nato band.

View attachment 637399
Loved mine, one stolen awhile back, I have had two, can't find the other since we moved 5 years ago.

im getting a buddy to build an OD green Seiko as we speak . i dove my submariner for years , my every day is a tag heur

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom