Travel from Bonaire to the UK banned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
From Verenigd Koninkrijk laat geen passagiers uit Bonaire meer toe Nieuws |.

upload_2021-1-18_14-21-8.png

Qatar??? Qatar is in the Arabian Gulf in the heart of the Middle East.

Also, countries are banning the Brits from coming in because the UK has terrible corona virus issue more so than the other countries.

Not much has actually changed. It is not a ban from traveling. Previously in theory, if you traveled from Bonaire to the UK you did not have to self isolate for two weeks on arrival. This has now changed:

"If you are returning to the UK from Bonaire/St Eustatius/Saba on or after 4am on 16 January, you will need to self-isolate on your return."

As far as I am aware, in practice this has not made much difference to anything. There are no direct flights from Bonaire to the UK so if we were to travel back from Bonaire we would have to go via somewhere else anyway. The main option for us is via The Netherlands. If we go through Schiphol, we have to self-isolate even if we do not leave the airport. I think the same applies to all other routes and this rule has been in place for a while.

As we are not allowed to travel "unless you have a legally permitted reason to do so" at the moment, I can not see this change making too much difference to anybody's lives!

(Quoted text from gov.uk website)

Qatar??? Qatar is in the Arabian Gulf in the heart of the Middle East.

From the Tweet

In addition, we will also be removing ARUBA, QATAR and BONAIRE, ST EUSTATIUS AND SABA from the #TravelCorridor list. From 4am Sat 16 Jan, anyone arriving into England from these destinations will need to self-isolate.

UAE was removed from the Travel Corridor List a couple of weeks ago, we're getting over 3,000 new cases daily over here, and I have all staff, who can, working from home again.

Qatar, like Dubai, is a hub and potentially a melting point of transmission as many people from around the globe pass through these major airports.

I personally know of people who tested negative in Egypt and then tested positive in Dubai on arrival (family of a staff member).

I personally know of people who tested negative in Egypt and then tested positive in Dubai on arrival (family of a staff member).

Interesting. With so many different types of test kits in use around the world there are probably many more instances of the example you cite that we are aware of.

Interesting. With so many different types of test kits in use around the world there are probably many more instances of the example you cite that we are aware of.

All tests are fallible, you can get false negatives and false positives.

In some parts of the world if you need a negative test to get on a flight it can be arranged for a few [Insert Currency Here].

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom