cheap chinese video light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are spare parts for original Nemo light and I believe the buttons are interchangeable
Sweeet. I'll totally order one of these a year down the road (I sold the video light a few months ago, but bought a similar light with an equivalently-sized button).

Anyone have a broken "CH" type (I think) light that they might want to unload? I got mine today, and they work great, but I managed to burn one of the negative battery contacts off by putting in one battery backwards. No other harm, just that battery no longer will make contact. (The battery was unharmed). Basically I need the back half of the light. Alternately, anyone figured out how to disassemble the rear piece to get access to the negative contact board?

Edit: Got the rear housing apart and the board out. Might be a simple repair if I can scrouge up a close-enough replacement spring and solder it in.

Battery Contact.jpeg

Edit 2: Think I got it fixed up. Found a suitable spring and was able to solder it into place without too much hassle. Did a test to make sure it was working by just using a single cell for a quick run, then did a few longer burns (with breaks to not make the light too hot) with all 4 cells. When I put them on the charger, they all indicated roughly the same state of charge. No sign that the replacement spring is getting hot or anything that would indicate a bad connection.

I just got one A15 from aliexpress and it contains a goodman handle and a 1 inch ball head. Is there a way to attach it to my Sea and Sea YS mount arm? I tried to look for adapters but the only option I could find was a separate cold shoe mount with ball head + ball clamp + the light with ball head. Is there any simple adapter I can use with my existing tray + YS arm?

Just a short note - the "Shenzen Brett" supplier send me a replacement spring board basically for the cost of shipping. The back cap of the light unscrews, and then 4 screws secure the spring terminal board.

I received my new A15 some weeks ago. Suprisingly it's somewhat shorter than my old A11. Other dimensions seem identical. The switch is also slightly different, the button protrudes maybe 0.5 mm more from the base and seems clickier. The driver no longer has a long press for standby mode, but I didn't really use that anyway.

Works fine, the color temperature is clean white, unlike the A11 which was slightly yellow. Already ordered a second one.

Has anyone ever used these lights and the XTAR D36? I'm interested to know how much better (if) the XTAR is.

for video, these will be more raw lumens, xtar will have higher build quality

Back
Top Bottom