Open water in Lake Superior on January 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been to Wazzee with Seahunt Jerry a couple years ago. Got chased out by a thunderstorm. Have you done any diving there?
I put together a fun little video. Not ice diving but we did get to use some cool vintage gear. I'll find the video.

We tend to ice dive in a quarry here in the UP. Much better viz than Wazzee but it's quite a drive for you. Some folks from Milwaukee (Deep Six) come up regularly. I'm sure we'll be ice diving there soon.
Anyway, my only experience with Wazzee:

Nice video! I was at Wazee in October and we probably had 40ft viz. Air temp was about 32 and a stiff breeze. Water temp low 50s. Wazee isn’t exactly close to me. It’s around 4 hours from the Chicago burbs.

Yes, I’ve been to Wazee twice. Sherwood Forest is fun.

Agreed. We have a lake just outside of town that was drained for years while they mined nearby. A regular forest grew and when the mine was abandoned the lake flooded. Today, no one really knows what was in the lake. You hear stories of stolen cars being driven into the lake and things like that but they're probably just stories.
We decided to see what was beneath some ruins visible onshore but we never expected to see a forest. There's still a ton of exploration to be done there and I suspect plenty of mining equipment can be found.
I have another video about the forest at Lake Angeline:

Nice video! I was at Wazee in October and we probably had 40ft viz. Air temp was about 32 and a stiff breeze. Water temp low 50s. Wazee isn’t exactly close to me. It’s around 4 hours from the Chicago burbs.

I won't bore you with another video but if you ever get up to the UP Crystal Falls is a must.

I won't bore you with another video but if you ever get up to the UP Crystal Falls is a must.

LOVE your videos. We’re stuck at home. More videos are good, so post please! :D

Back
Top Bottom