What type of gear are you wearing this January to keep you warm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Curious what are you wearing to keep you warm in Florida during your dives?

What type of gear are you wearing this January to keep you warm?

Trilam drysuit, FE Halo 3D, Santi heated vest, Waterproof 10mm hood.

I dove Pompano last week 2 dives @ about 30' bottom temp around 73 degrees. I used 3mm on the first one and was a bit chilly at the end so I switched to 5mm on dive 2 and was plenty warm. I am a bit warm blooded myself so YMMV. Also I use no gloves or hood but do wear 6mm boots which I always have on no matter what the water temp. I am going off of West Palm tomorrow with Pura Vida for 2 tank dive at 60'-70' and will be in 5mm no gloves or hood.

Drysuit or I have a Deep6 7mm wetsuit as well that I'd highly recommend

Sharkskin hooded vest, Sharkskin socks, Bare Reactive full boots, Bare Reactive 5mm full suit, and a long, windproof boat coat on chilly or windy days.

5mm Henderson thermoprene wetsuit, 5mm boots, lavacore hood, regular 1mm gloves. Boat coat for surface interval.
I was warm with this set up last Sunday @ Jupiter with JDC, 58F degrees air temp in the morning with water 73-74F.

Trilam drysuit, FE Halo 3D, Santi heated vest, Waterproof 10mm hood.
What kind of temps do you get over there during winter?
I'm curious because your gear is pretty much identical to my own and I'm up north in Sweden.

What kind of temps do you get over there during winter?
I'm curious because your gear is pretty much identical to my own and I'm up north in Sweden.

Temps are awful here in the winter. 72-75F down to 120'-150' or so (thermocline varies greatly) and mid-upper 60s below that. :rofl3:

My guess would be that @grantctobin is answering for the Chicago area. When I lived in the Midwest I would wear that in the winter. Water temps there are in the upper 30s to low 40s F.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom