TG6 Housing Cold Shoe Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dresslma88

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All.

Reaching out for some help. My wife and I will going to Utila in March on a drive trip with our shop. I have the TG6 and the Olympus dive housing. I also purchased a Big Blue VL4200P Video light. I want a small and compact video/ camera setup for the trip. End goal would be a tray with one arm holding the video light and my GoPro attached to the cold shoe of the camera housing. Does anyone have any suggestions on the tray and cold shoe adapters for a GoPro?

Thank you all!

Google it mate, you'll just get a million different answers in here.
There's nothing special about the things you're looking for, pick ones that you like the look of and suits your budget.

Amazon.com you will find quite a few.

Screenshot_20210119-142021.png

My suggestion is for a Sealife single handle tray and arm, with the flex arm for your light. TG6 will mount to it great, and gives you lots of options for light position. Light and fairly inexpensive. You will need an adapter for the light to the Sealife flex arms- those can be pricey. But the tray and arms can usually be found used.

Arkon GoPro HERO Mount is what I use. One thing, I added a stainless steel washer and filed the edges flat to make it not turn in the PT 059 housing. DIY tray and two Big Blue VL4200p video lights.

TG6 HERO4 SETUP.jpg
Arkon GoPro HERO Mount Connection to 14 inch 20 Camera Mount Adapter.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom