Turks and Caicos - Aggressor Dec 12-19...Advice, recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking at going on the T&C Aggressor LOB mid March. The T&C's requires a covid test no more than 5 days before travel and covid insurance. Has anyone gone through this for a LOB? I've never hear of covid insurance before. I'm trying to get out a bit since I have not had a dive since July last year in the OBX
What @Redfoot said.. I'm booked in June and bought a cheap policy through DiveAssure. Plan will be to get the covid test and apply for entry according to the guidelines here - TCI || Dashboard

I am going to check back every month or so between now and then to make sure I stay abreast of any changes and don't miss something.

I cant offer any advice on the Aggressor but I can tell you it is the way to go. Diving TnC land based, requires a 45+ min each way boat ride to the reefs, and then a ride back to your resort. It's full day to get in 2 dives land based and tiring. The day I go back to TnC it will be on LOB.

I was lucky to go to T & C for my honeymoon last August-

We found it pretty easy to complete the required travel protocols.

Here is the official website if you have not seen it:

TCI || Dashboard

We did our COVID tests at a Passport Health location in Michigan, they guaranteed results in 48-72 hours. I think they are moving even quicker now.

We used Travelex for the travel insurance, it covers any COVID situations, and also has the required emergency evacuation coverage needed.

Once you have the insurance and negative results, you upload everything to the TCI portal for approval that you need to travel to TCI.

I am not sure how Aggressor is handling the required COVID testing for return to the USA- you should reach out to them directly.

Let me know of any more questions, you will have a wonderful trip if you end up going.

Thanks for the info. Looks like the travel insurance is a no brainer. I don't have any problem paying for that.. The covid test is a bit more. I checked Passport and they charge ~$175 for a test. I'm pretty frugal so looking at CVS or Walgreens to do a free PCR test. The rub is that the testing lab has to be accredited according to the TCI website. I guess I'll call Monday. I still have to sort through how to get a test to come back in in T&C.

I'm looking at going on the T&C Aggressor LOB mid March. The T&C's requires a covid test no more than 5 days before travel and covid insurance. Has anyone gone through this for a LOB? I've never hear of covid insurance before. I'm trying to get out a bit since I have not had a dive since July last year in the OBX

Check locally for testing options. For insurance we used a company that was recommended by TCI Assured called Trawick International. They underwrite policies with Nationwide and were extremely good to work with. And really inexpensive! They couldn't have made it easier. I bought a policy online that included trip insurance, medical insurance that included COVID treatment and evac coverage for two of us for under $100. And it included diving to 30 meters if a divemaster is present on the dive, which they are on all LOB dives. TCI Assured requires you have a letter stating you are covered for COVID. Trawick sends you pdf files of your COVID Visa letter with that exact language, your policy and it's coverages on it so there's no issue. We were approved through TCI Assured in 3 hours. I shopped a lot and this was the best option I found.

Travel Insurance for US & International Travel | Trawick

Thanks for the report; Any pictures?

I took GoPro video. Once I get off my duff and put together a short video I'll link it on YouTube... But here's a screen grab of a close encounter with a turtle! :)

upload_2021-1-24_10-43-29.png

Attachments

• Turtle CloseUp.jpg
    Turtle CloseUp.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Turtle CloseUp.jpg
    Turtle CloseUp.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 82
Check locally for testing options. For insurance we used a company that was recommended by TCI Assured called Trawick International. They underwrite policies with Nationwide and were extremely good to work with. And really inexpensive! They couldn't have made it easier. I bought a policy online that included trip insurance, medical insurance that included COVID treatment and evac coverage for two of us for under $100. And it included diving to 30 meters if a divemaster is present on the dive, which they are on all LOB dives. TCI Assured requires you have a letter stating you are covered for COVID. Trawick sends you pdf files of your COVID Visa letter with that exact language, your policy and it's coverages on it so there's no issue. We were approved through TCI Assured in 3 hours. I shopped a lot and this was the best option I found.

Travel Insurance for US & International Travel | Trawick

Thx for the advice. I'm all set. I leave in 4 weeks for TCI LOB. Got the travel health ins(Tin Leg Gold), the CVS or Walmart rapid test is accepted by TCI and the Aggressor team has arranged for rapid testing the afternoon we get back into the marina for $75 so I can get back into the US. I'll have my 2nd dose 3 weeks before I leave . I just don't want to test positive before I come home or I'll be in quarantine for 2 weeks(covered by ins for at least 7days). Not a big inconvenience for me and I thinks its a pretty low probability.

I don't think so. We were on the boat the week of Dec 12th and the relief Captain (Christy, who is getting ready to take over the new Cayman Aggressor when they open, and who was awesome BTW) informed us they were on a Christmas break. I'm almost 100% sure that I saw Capt. Amanda boarding the boat when they were provisioning on Saturday getting ready for the next trip.

Per her Linkin pages she left as of March 2021. Its shows her working in the UK.

We're going to be on the Explorer in 2 weeks. Bought insurance through Trawick - the Safe Travels Explorer Plus plan which seems to meet all the T&C requirements for $60/pp. It was a very painless process. Took <5 minutes and as someone else already mentioned they sent an email right away with a visa letter that very clearly states what the COVID coverage is. We also always have DAN as well.

We're going to be on the Explorer in 2 weeks. Bought insurance through Trawick - the Safe Travels Explorer Plus plan which seems to meet all the T&C requirements for $60/pp. It was a very painless process. Took <5 minutes and as someone else already mentioned they sent an email right away with a visa letter that very clearly states what the COVID coverage is. We also always have DAN as well.

will you be on the May 8 - 15 trip on explorer???

Per her Linkin pages she left as of March 2021. Its shows her working in the UK.
I can confirm that Captain Amanda and Rob are no longer on board. According to some crew that I talked to last week she has retired and/or moved on to other interests. Jonathan Zietlow is now captaining the T&C Aggressor II.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom