Regs recommendation - Oceanic Delta 5 EDX vs Scubapro MK11/C370

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you are considering diving in alberta at all, get a sealed cold water reg like the scubapro mk17 or mk19 or apeks DS4/DST (or the myriad clones from deep 6/hog/dive rite).

I would go Scubapro hands down. If you are travelling and need service, local shops are much more likely to have scubapro parts and knowledge.

servicing availability for regs on a trip is a blue herring. considering the turnaround times for reg service at a LDS might mean most if not all of your trip is over by the time the reg gets fixed and the possibility of a botched service, it really isn't a useful criteria for choosing a reg.

I disagree completely. I've had very positive experiences with many dive shops in the tropics with Scubapro which is a very common brand worldwide.
I've had some regulator issues over the years in Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Bonaire, and had overnight Scubapro service done. In fact, I used to have my regs routinely serviced by Bruce Bowker on Bonaire at the end of my diving week. Always trusted him more than my LDS which sometimes tries to peddle junk.

Similarly, if you need a minor adjustment on a dive boat, the DMs always seem to have experience with Scubapro as they are a common rental brand.

In contradistinction, years ago I had an Oceanic crap out on Grand Cayman, went into the dive shop to see if they could fix and was laughed out of the store.

I disagree completely. I've had very positive experiences with many dive shops in the tropics with Scubapro which is a very common brand worldwide.
I've had some regulator issues over the years in Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Bonaire, and had overnight Scubapro service done. In fact, I used to have my regs routinely serviced by Bruce Bowker on Bonaire at the end of my diving week. Always trusted him more than my LDS which sometimes tries to peddle junk.

Similarly, if you need a minor adjustment on a dive boat, the DMs always seem to have

In contradistinction, years ago I had an Oceanic crap out on Grand Cayman, went into the dive shop to see if they could fix and was laughed out of the store.

I have the Mk11/C 370 and I’m very happy with it. It’s small and lightweight. No issues when I roll onto my back and face up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom