Which Cozumel Dive Ops Dive on Sundays?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't address temporary pandemic rules, but in normal times that is not correct. I'm not saying that I understand the logic, but the rule for buying alcohol in stores on Sundays is that sales are shut down at 3PM. Before 3PM it's just like any other day.
Actually a couple years back they expanded it to 5PM and opened the front end a couple hours to 10 AM.
Quintana Roo puts new limits on hours of alcohol sales

Make sure you aren't confusing shops that don't have OFFICE hours on Sunday vs shops that don't dive on Sundays.
Thanks Christi, that may have been a factor. I was looking through a lot of websites quickly a couple of weeks ago when I first perceived this as an issue, so I don't recall the exact sites I was looking at. But perhaps it was that their offices were closed on Sunday and it was not clear that they were still diving on Sunday.

Thanks Christi, that may have been a factor. I was looking through a lot of websites quickly a couple of weeks ago when I first perceived this as an issue, so I don't recall the exact sites I was looking at. But perhaps it was that their offices were closed on Sunday and it was not clear that they were still diving on Sunday.
That's probably it.

That's the one; thanks. Alcohol sales laws are always strange. Many years ago my job moved me around the US a lot; the first night in a new town and/or state I would find a quiet bar and sit down and ask the bartender to explain the local alcohol regulations. There were a lot of screwy laws out there.

A couple I ran into: You could not drink alcohol outside, even on your own property (Carlsbad, NM). At midnight the bar staff stopped selling beer and confiscated all the beer out on the bar and tables, but hard liquor sales continued until 2AM (Jackson, MS). One night in Houston I got thrown into a bar by a bouncer when I carried an open beer out the front door.

It's good to hear that on Cozumel we don't have to make a Sunday beer run so early in the afternoon, but 3PM or 5PM, the law is weird.

B double E double R-U-N, beer run... :D

That's the one; thanks. Alcohol sales laws are always strange. Many years ago my job moved me around the US a lot; the first night in a new town and/or state I would find a quiet bar and sit down and ask the bartender to explain the local alcohol regulations. There were a lot of screwy laws out there.

A couple I ran into: You could not drink alcohol outside, even on your own property (Carlsbad, NM). At midnight the bar staff stopped selling beer and confiscated all the beer out on the bar and tables, but hard liquor sales continued until 2AM (Jackson, MS). One night in Houston I got thrown into a bar by a bouncer for carrying a beer out the front door.

It's good to hear that on Cozumel we don't have to make a Sunday beer run so early in the afternoon, but 3PM or 5PM, the law is weird.

B double E double R-U-N, beer run... :D
The bodega at the marina will stretch it for a post afternoon dive cervesa

In Cozumel, it's easy to forget that it is Sunday. Lounging in the pool after the morning dives, it feels just like Saturday.

Last trip we were doing just that when my gf got a hankering for Clamato. So off to Oxxo I went and was surprised to find the coolers all locked. We had a case of Sol so it wasn't a disaster but stocking up for beer became an immediate after-dive task not a after-we-lounge-around-all-afternoon task.

The list grows, we like Deep Blue shameless plug Deep Blue dive shop, scuba diving in Cozumel, Mexico
Home_Page_slide_2_final_Deb_-_1800w.png

Sunday Divers
Deep Blue
Blue Angel
Dive Paradise
Dive with Julio
Dressel
Jungle Divers
Liquid Blue
Salty Endeavors
Tres Pelicanos
Scuba Shack