Curacao shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AU digger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Myself and a couple of friends are heading to Curacao in a couple weeks. We will mostly be shore diving. I've been to Curacao multiple times but have never ventured out shore diving anywhere other than the Sea Aquarium area. We will have a car and able to go anywhere on the island. Any advice would be appreciated.

Tug boat, directors bay and going from one to the other during the dives saw a manta, turtles octopi, pretty much saw everything the diving has to offer except a seahorse! Not to say I didn’t look at a seahorse I just ever saw one :wink:

we hit a lot of dive spots but these two stand out.

Playa Piscado, Tug Boat, Cas Abo, Kokomo, Playa Lagun, Porto Marie....

Do a google search for Curaco Shore Dive Sites.... Lots of choices. As everyone says, head west if you can.....

I have been to Curacao 13 times in the past, great shore diving:

This is the best guide for shore diving, start with number 1 and work your way down. Be careful, don't leave anything in your truck/car while you are away from the car diving:

Scuba Shore Diving Site Listing for: Curacao, ABC Islands

only been to curacao once. would love to get back there some day. we stayed in playa lagun for a week and did a number of dives there. it is a bit of a swim out to the reef but there was no current to speak of so it was a nice lazy swim. they also have many small turtles that come in to the bay feeding on the fishermen's scraps. you can get tanks at bahia. there was another shop there as well but cannot remember the name. also a was great restaurant on the beach.

kokomo was a really nice place to spend the day. there is a shop there to rent tanks and a restaurant as well. great little beach to hang out on. the reef was very nice. pops place was a great place to stop after for lunch.

we spent a second week close to the city. so we hit directors bay. the reef was awesome there. it is a secluded spot so be very careful. we went a couple of times. we got tanks from scubacao that week. nice bunch there.

the tub boat site is in that area. we did that as well. not a very attractive site top side but it was a decent little dive. probably much better at night. there was a small restaurant there.

Hi @AU digger

I don't know where you'll be staying. You might consider doing a 2 tank AM boat dive with Go West that includes Watamula and then do a couple of shore dives at Playa Kalki/Alice in Wonderland. That would make for a really nice day.

We were there in December 2019, favorite dives were Alice in Wonderland, Playa Piscado, and Porto Marie. Did a night dive at Rif Sint Marie, it was better at night than during the day. We were staying in Coral Estates so that made the night dive logistically easy. Also we were told by the property manager not to go to the public beaches after dusk, don't know why, but we decided to heed the advice.

Playa Porto Marie also had the best beach bar restaurant, get there early ish do a dive have lunch and do a second dive. Or get there later and end your day with a dive followed by an early dinner and a beer or two.

Playa Porto Marie also had the best beach bar restaurant, get there early ish do a dive have lunch and do a second dive. Or get there later and end your day with a dive followed by an early dinner and a beer or two.
. When you go to Porto Marie, be sure to try the Williburger. A unique Curacao treat :)

Back
Top Bottom