Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are looking at visiting Cozumel the end of Feb. I had Covid in Dec and per CDC guidelines, I can present lab result in lieu of getting swabbed on the island. While I can produce a copy of positive lab result, the letter from MD clearing me for vacation is vague. Is there a standard form that I need MD to fill out? Can I present a generic note stating yada yada yada, I am safe for travel etc. Thanks if any advice.

I am also interested as I am cleared to return to work later this week. Basically what I find is that the AA website refers you to this statement:
"Instead of the negative COVID-19 test results, travelers also have the option of providing documentation of having had recovered from COVID-19 by showing proof of a recent positive viral test (in the 90 days preceding travel) and a letter from their healthcare provider or a public health official stating that they were cleared to travel. Travelers must also complete a travel attestation form provided by the airlines during boarding."
On the CDC site covering this discussion it states:
"A letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official that clears you to end isolation, e.g., to return to work or school, can be used to show you are cleared to travel, even if travel isn’t specifically mentioned in the letter"
So it does not seem that there is a defined form for your doctor to fill out but you do need your positive test report to establish a reference date.

Does anyone know yet how the Mexican government will approach tourists that test positive? Will confirmatory testing be allowed? Will travel associates of anyone testing positive be required to quarantine? Or will they be able to present a negative test and return home?

We head to Playa on Feb 4 for 11 days. We received an email a few days ago from our resort that they will also provide testing on site and provide free accommodation if someone tests positive. The resorts in Mexico really seem to be stepping up their game.

So apparently some enterprising person has parked a portable lab at Cancun Airport, so you can get your rapid testing done right before you get on the airplane.

At least the first reportings of tourists testing positive....

Detectan a turistas contagiados de covid-19 en Quintana Roo
I don't speak or read Spanish with any degree of fluency, but from what I could glean it looked like it was saying that some tourists in Cancun were prevented from departing and have to stay quarantined in their hotel for 14 days; is that what it said?

I don't speak or read Spanish with any degree of fluency, but from what I could glean it looked like it was saying that some tourists in Cancun were prevented from departing and have to stay quarantined in their hotel for 14 days; is that what it said?
from the translated version
"Their return to the United States depends on a second test of negative antigens for COVID19, as airlines are known to only allow boarding of passengers with negative results."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom