Sidemount???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kay Dee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have always wondered, is this what is referred to as sidemount? :eek: :giggle:

Sidemount1.jpg Sidemount2.jpg Sidemount3.jpg

Sidemount's a wonderfully simple elegant way of diving, really popular on dive boats. Backmount divers admire sidemount divers for their swift kit donning and their skills in the water.

And what about no-mount, the coolest doods on the planet!

In Canada we call it parallelmount. I’ve been diving it for years! The trick is to add a massive diver spinner between your thank and your plate so that, with a quick flip, you can access the tanks with either hand.

He looks like support diver with sufrace air feeding. And twins on the shoulder looks like taken by him just in case, for somebody others... (see unpacked second stageS) and he keep it on one shoulder for faster release. Right?

but idea is nice...

and what is this, according naming above ? :)
upload_2021-1-25_14-12-0.png

I think it is the best ***mount ever! :)

He looks like support diver with sufrace air feeding. And twins on the shoulder looks like taken by him just in case, for somebody others... (see unpacked second stageS) and he keep it on one shoulder for faster release. Right?
No, he is one of the bottom divers in that group. And that surface 'air' feeding in, well it is actually surface supplied O2. And he probably didn't dive with any stages to start with, just relied on the air in his doubles and the SS O2 for deco (not uncommon for some folks who dived off that boat in Asia), as it was only a 60m dive to the very bottom (at the wreck site of HMS Exeter).

As a matter of fact, I don't recall ever seeing a support / safety diver deployed off MV Empress, it was pretty much (well, very much) every man - and woman - for themselves, when diving of that boat. You could say divers had 'free reign', and then some, to do as they pleased!:cheers:

but idea is nice...
Probably not the best for wreck penetration though. :)

And I can't recall now just how he ended up with them twisted across his back like that now, as those pics are from a dive at that site back in 2008.

and what is this, according naming above ? I think it is the best ***mount ever! :)
Would have to think hard about it, but your description fits the bill!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom