DGX Shearwater Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rock92

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used DGX to service their Shearwater. I know Dive-Tronix gets good reviews, but they are on the west coast and I am on the east coast.

DGX has Shearwater service? I was just on Shearwater’s website two weeks ago getting the info for a friend and Divetronix was the only US service/warranty center listed.

What does your computer need done to it?

It doesn't "need" anything. But since parts of my breather are headed off for service, I figured I would send the controller in at the same time. It's 3+ years old and I wouldn't mind having the new titanium bezel. It's a Petrel.

This is from the DGX site...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-25 185541.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-25 185541.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 132
Well, I guess I got my answer. You place an order with DGX online and they email you an RMA for Dive-Tronix LOL

Well, I guess I got my answer. You place an order with DGX online and they email you an RMA for Dive-Tronix LOL
For a fee it seems. Last time I heard Richard at divetronix had a flat $100 service fee, any needed parts are extra.

For a fee it seems. Last time I heard Richard at divetronix had a flat $100 service fee, any needed parts are extra.

Until you mentioned this, I had no idea that it was Richard I met while waiting in full kit inside Underwater Sports for a fill because I didn't check my tanks before gearing up to jump in at Edmonds. I thought it was just some guy random pointing at my wrist and saying, "Lemme know if you ever need help with [most expensive object I owned at the time]...."

I thought it was $125 now, but that includes a standard "service kit" - i.e. the normal O-rings and battery holder (depending on computer).

Regardless, yeah... DGX offers it - but they just send it to Dive-tronix (or have you send it straight there).

Back
Top Bottom