Favorite reel for use with dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone has feedback on the divesoft reel?
They are one of the nicest smoothest reels made. Incredibly fine finish work. Also very expensive for a reel and I tend to destroy nice things.

They are one of the nicest smoothest reels made. Incredibly fine finish work. Also very expensive for a reel and I tend to destroy nice things.

Thanx!!!
Isn’t like $5 more expensive compare to the light monkey?

Thanx!!!
Isn’t like $5 more expensive compare to the light monkey?
$180 vs $160. Not a huge difference, but large enough to not replace a reel I already own that works fine.
If you are in the market, it is much nicer than any other I have tried.

The only thing I don't like with the LM reel is that the lock screw can easily be backed out/fall out. There need to be a better solution. A o-ring on the shaft (needs a counter-sink space on the inside) or a groove cut in the shaft to hold a cir-clip would certainly be an improvement.

Just my thoughts...

The screw on the Halcyon reels can’t fall out, nice feature.

The screw on the Halcyon reels can’t fall out, nice feature.

That is not fully true. My Halcyon reel (8 years old) has a hole on both sides so that you can put the screw on the front or the back. I believe they come stock with the screw in the back, but I moved mine to the front for my preference. I will say that after removing it and moving it to the front it is still much harder than my LM reels to back the screw all the way out, but it definitely could fall out if you're not careful. My LM reels though will often loosen on their own and lead to a trail of line behind me. That doesn't happen with the Halcyon reel.

That is not fully true. My Halcyon reel (8 years old) has a hole on both sides so that you can put the screw on the front or the back. I believe they come stock with the screw in the back, but I moved mine to the front for my preference. I will say that after removing it and moving it to the front it is still much harder than my LM reels to back the screw all the way out, but it definitely could fall out if you're not careful. My LM reels though will often loosen on their own and lead to a trail of line behind me. That doesn't happen with the Halcyon reel.
The screw on the Pathfinder reels currently at EE isn’t coming out easily.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom