Ultramar Ferry suspended for exceeding capacity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same here. Wife and I got first dose of Moderna and sore arm each for a couple days. I've heard the 2nd does can have a bit more significant kick. Will find out in about 4 weeks.

Same here. Wife and I got first dose of Moderna and sore arm each for a couple days. I've heard the 2nd does can have a bit more significant kick. Will find out in about 4 weeks.
I've heard that and I've also heard that it's no different from the first one. Is the makeup of the second injection different from the first or is it the same stuff and concentration? Consider that a rhetorical question; I will look elsewhere for the information.

The second shot, the booster, kicks your immune system into high gear. Hence the stronger reaction to the second shot.

The second shot, the booster, kicks your immune system into high gear. Hence the stronger reaction to the second shot.

...but as @ggunn asked, is the makeup of the second dose different than the first?

I'm predicting a new strain about mid-summer than reduced vaccine effectiveness by 50% restarting the fear machine the media just loves. Based on nothing but my own observations.

I've got flights and booking for Coz this Christmas but I'm not certain it's going to happen. Canadians are quickly becoming prisoners in their own country. At least we got away 3 times last year.

Plus with expectations of feeling worse many will.

...but as @ggunn asked, is the makeup of the second dose different than the first?

I got the first shot of the Moderna vaccine last week (slightly sore shoulder for a day, no big deal). Have an appointment booked for the second dose in mid -February. However, it's an open question whether or not there will be a second dose available when my appointment time comes. Local vaccination spots are reporting a lot of chaos and scrambling, appointments are being canceled because places are running out - way more appointments than doses available. We have some rough sledding ahead.

My wife is a nurse (she got the Pfizer vaccine a few days before Christmas and the follow up in early January so she's done). I asked about the composition of the 2nd dose shots. She tells me the first dose and the second dose are 100% identical. Same stuff, same quantity, exactly the same. It's just the body's immune response that's different. Personally, I find that hopeful: providers already have enough on their plates juggling two different vaccine brands and getting people coordinated. If they had FOUR different things to administer (Pfizer 1, Pfizer 2, Moderna 1, Moderna 2) it would be even more challeninging. So I'm hoping I can find some Moderna dose somewhere when my time comes, even if I have to go looking for another clinic to jab me in case they run out at the place I have my appointment. It'll still work as long as it's the same brand vaccine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom