Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the time the Doxa was about a 1/3 cheaper than the Rolex. The Doxa band sucked back in the day.
That may be why Redford is wearing his with a Bund strap. I actually remember wondering about that chunky strap when I first saw the movie. I was 10 or 11 and my mom let me stay up late to watch it on TV (maybe HBO?). She was a big Robert Redford fan for some reason :)

Editorial: The Case For Bund Straps - HODINKEE

That's the correct table for sharkhunters and Robert Redford in the 1970s.

point being? it is a modern watch....

it equates with buying a "New" '57 Chevy from Cuba in 2021....

or buying an new 8-track player...

point being? it is a modern watch....

it equates with buying a "New" '57 Chevy from Cuba in 2021....
Point being that using an expensive mechanical watch on a dive is a silly affectation. If you are going to do it, you might as well embrace the silliness.

Complaining about an outdated table on your spring operated watch is like complaining that the lanterns on your coach and four aren't LEDs.

And before someone "invented" the NATO watch band

That NATO watch band can be very fashionable (and beautiful!) and come in various colours and stripes.
It can be usefull in some military uses too, I guess.

It is, however, a ****** (e.g. poopish) solution for a dive watch, as it is very thin and difficult to handle.

I had one. Had.

I use a leather dog collar instead now.

No, it is not a joke. I used that with drygloves, and will never use it again.

That NATO watch band can be very fashionable and come in various colours and stripes.
It can be usefull in some military uses too, I guess.

It is, however, a ****** solution for a dive watch, as it is very thin and difficult to handle.

I had one.

I use a leather dog collar instead now.

No, it is not a joke. I used that **** (e.g. poopish) with drygloves, and will use it never again.

Easy to use [for me], and was only 'invented' so that if you lost one of the pins on one band you did not lose the watch, no other reason, never a fashion statement.
I understand bulky gloves are a problem, gave that sort of diving up when I was not required to do it any more, now a "woose" Rec warm water diver, and loving it.
Enjoy.
Dog collar:p now that's a fashion statement.

5CABE89E-D4A8-47CA-A662-0F36849A6514.jpeg

38844EB8-78BE-4F83-A520-D85B38FE8429.jpeg

A friend sent me these images — a Russian-made watch (those Russkies make the fastest), the "Vostok Amphibia," as seen in The Life Aquatic, with the likeness of Bill Murray as Steve Zissou on its back . . .

IMG_2610.JPG

That movie makes me crack up everytime I watch it. I would buy that watch and wear it over the submariner

Get that man a Speedo!”

Steve: Where'd you come from? You look pregnant.
Jane: I am pregnant. I'm not even going to ask what you men are doing out here in your matching pajamas, by the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom