Looking for a new light...suggestions quite welcome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

May I know what do you typically do during diving with using 1000 lumens light? If I make night diving, do I need very bright lights? I don't know the different requirements for dive lights if I make cave diving, fishing hunting, or uw photography video... Sorry for my asking stupid questions, but you people know all this stuff and I don't have a clue! :p

The above videos will give you some basic information about types of lights and uses. There are an overwhelming number of lights to choose from.

First, decide what you are willing to spend on a light. That starts to narrow down your choices.

Next, decide what you will be using the light for. During the day looking into holes, night diving, cave diving, or taking video. That will define the lumens and battery capacity that you want.

Last is all the other features that you prefer. Size, type of switch, ability to focus or change the power setting.

The above videos will give you some basic information about types of lights and uses. There are an overwhelming number of lights to choose from.

First, decide what you are willing to spend on a light. That starts to narrow down your choices.

Next, decide what you will be using the light for. During the day looking into holes, night diving, cave diving, or taking video. That will define the lumens and battery capacity that you want.

Last is all the other features that you prefer. Size, type of switch, ability to focus or change the power setting.

These are educational and thank you a lot!! :)

Maybe you are interested in this bright D26 2500 dive light. It has four brightness levels - 2500/1400/700/30lm, meeting different diving needs.

Back
Top Bottom