Lemon shark dives: Jupiter or West Palm.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would go on the big red boat Kyalami, out of Jupiter. It is a great dive boat. Last time I went with them in October, on the wreck trek dive I saw 4 Lemons, one of them was very big. Keep in mind this was not in Lemon season.Yes rthey come to see you, to see if you brought them anything to eat

Yes I got bumped by one of them. Even on the ledge dives I do with them, we always see at least reef sharks.

Hello,
Just curious if anyone has done the Jupiter lemon shark dive recently? If so any advice/info.

I used Calypso Dive Charters in Riviera Beach in July for Bull Sharks and again in September for Lemons and Goliath Grouper. 33 foot pilot house boat limited to six divers per trip. These are baited dives. Many many lemons during the September Trip. I believe there are lemons, bulls and great hammer heads this time of year. I suggest contacting them.

Home (Calypso Link)

Some pics from September.

lemon1 (1 of 1).jpg

shark7 (1 of 1).jpg

shark11 (1 of 1).jpg

Hello,
Just curious if anyone has done the Jupiter lemon shark dive recently? If so any advice/info.

I've done it twice this month. It's been good. A fair amount of Lemons but not the numbers I expected. My last trip was on 1/16 and we saw 6-7 right off the bat and then a few here and there throughout the rest of the dive. Other divers have seen more on other trips. Based on the reports in this thread from last year I expect the sightings to increase over the next several weeks.

Water temp is around 73 right now. Viz has consistently been between 40-60 feet the last several weeks. Max bottom depth on Lemon Drop is around 95'. It's a nitrox only dive (JDC wont let you dive it on air). Many divers use HP100's but they're not required if you're good on air consumption. The dive itself is easy - just drift with the current and keep your hands to yourself. The sharks can be curious and make a close pass but they're not threatening. They're kind of just hanging out which is great for photo ops. It's a non-fed dive. The second dive is at a nearby reef (usually 65'-80' max depth). The Loggerheads have been out in good numbers on the reef lately. Air temps in the morning can be chilly so def pack a jacket or hoodie and some dry clothes to change out of at the end of the day. The boats have been mostly full on the Lemon shark trips with JDC (14 divers max) so reserve a spot in advance if you can.

Well I was trying to figure out where to post my first ever video of a shark so this looks like a good spot. I saw 1 lemon on each dive last Friday off of Riviera Beach diving with Pura Vida. Here is my first video of that day taken with my Gopro 9 (no poking fun at my video editing skills).

Well not really. I wasn’t asking because of a fear factor. I was asking more for advice for a new shark diver. Since I don’t fully know what to expect with the different types of sharks I’m asking the question to people who have done them. Are lemons good to start with over tigers, hammers, bulls etc etc.
They are big, if that doesn't intimidate you. Maybe ok. Reef sharks may be better first.
I was bumped at wreck trek in Jupiter, filming one and another brushed my arm. Definitely a rush!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom