Diving in Exumas, Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrWilliam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are doing a bareboat sailing charter in the Exumas chain for a week in March. I have found some info online about sites, but can't get specifics, like GPS coordinates for the sites.
We considered renting tanks for the the sailboat and diving ourselves but could also use a dive operator if anyone has specifics on that as well.

Thanks for any info!

Will you be able to keep a competent operator on board while diving? You may never need it but...

Thanks, those are some good sites I hadn't found before!

So here is something funny. I called Stuart's Cove to inquire about renting 6 tanks for a week for our sail boat.
7 days, 6 tanks.

They wanted $1,470 for the tank rentals... ($35 per day per tank x 6 tanks x 7 days)

Thanks, those are some good sites I hadn't found before!

So here is something funny. I called Stuart's Cove to inquire about renting 6 tanks for a week for our sail boat.
7 days, 6 tanks.

They wanted $1,470 for the tank rentals... ($35 per day per tank x 6 tanks x 7 days)
Is that high priced? It seems that you are asking for 6 tanks for 7 days Why is that so high? What should it be?

It seems exorbitant to me. I'm fine with a business charging whatever they think the market is, but just seems ridiculous when you can buy an AL80 for ~$199.
We rented same same amount of tanks for same amount of days in BVI and paid ~$280. I guess if the shop rents all their tanks every day at $35 then they are valued at that.

No haven't been able to contact anyone else. My feeling is dive operators in Nassau cater to the "cruise ship" kind of crowd. Not exactly a "LDS" kind of thing. Still looking though and appreciate any recommendations.

It seems exorbitant to me. I'm fine with a business charging whatever they think the market is, but just seems ridiculous when you can buy an AL80 for ~$199.
We rented same same amount of tanks for same amount of days in BVI and paid ~$280. I guess if the shop rents all their tanks every day at $35 then they are valued at that.
It sounds like a lot...not sure if they are packed every day and renting tanks every day? Then they would consider that normal revenue like how you mentioned it. You could always call back and ask if they have a package deal for cash?

Back
Top Bottom