Vintage 1960's Innerspace Aquen Aqueon Hydrofoil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1969ivan1

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently bought a Aqueon swimming device made by Innerspace, but it was shipped to me disassembled. I was wondering if anyone out there have one that they could get me some pictures of with special detail to how the springs, bolts and wing nut are oriented and in what order? I plan on testing it out next month in the Rainbow River if I can get it assembled correctly in time.

Thanks in advance

Rob

WWW.theSCUBAmuszeum.com

innerspace.jpg

I think that I have the original handout from mine. I'll check after supper.

The above photo doesn't show the line going from the left wing to the spring, then back to the right wing.

SeaRat

Well, I didn't get around to it yesterday, but here's the Aqueon information that I have. I still have mine, but it is being used in a different way. So I'll have to put it back together later. But I have the original Aqueon handout (both sides), and two photos from when I was using mine in 1972. You know that it folds up for travel, right?

SeaRat

Attachments

• Aqueon001.jpg
    Aqueon001.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Aqueon002.jpg
    Aqueon002.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 104
  • JCR & Aqueon.jpg
    JCR & Aqueon.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 110
  • JCR Mounting Aqueon-1.jpg
    JCR Mounting Aqueon-1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 99
Are they available with choice of colour in monprene

What a fantastic thing, please a review before I build one!!!

Here is my first try. I think I may have the A board mounted backwards? Does anyone else see any errors? I will attach the string latter but may need a measurement from somebody who has one that it not broken so I can make the correct length for it.

Attachments

• DSCF0395.JPG
    DSCF0395.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF0396.JPG
    DSCF0396.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF0397.JPG
    DSCF0397.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF0398.JPG
    DSCF0398.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF0399.JPG
    DSCF0399.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 87
OK I moved the "A" board and flipped the small planes that are wingnutted into place. I think I may have it all oriented correctly now? Now I need to know how tight the nuts and wingnuts should be? I also need to know the length of the long string as I think this one was cut and may be too short now? Any help would be appreciated. SeaRat, do you have the operation manual? Did you buy yours new? I am excited to try it out.

Attachments

• DSCF0400.JPG
    DSCF0400.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF0401.JPG
    DSCF0401.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF0402.JPG
    DSCF0402.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 91
I'm interested in hearing the impressions of those who have used this item. Especially those of anyone who could compare it to a modern mon-fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom