Is diving in Turkey worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iskrovska

New
Reaction score
Hello!
I will be traveling to Turkey in early March and thought about flying to warmer regions to explore some local underwater world. I read articles about the Samandağ coast, but I did not find videos from there too exciting. So is it actually worth it or it is better to explore cities and come back in summer for diving activities?
Thanks in advance:)

I've heard there is some great diving in Turkey but in Early March you are probably talking about drysuit temperatures...

A wee bit chilly and not in season. It could be fun finding an operator.

Wife's Turkish, and we bounced along the Kas/ Fethiye area for two weeks June 2019, and had some pretty decent diving time. I run warm, so a 3mm was good for me _then_ while the brother in law needed a 5mm. ((shrug))

[QUOTE = "iskrovska, gönderi: 9265887, üye: 521586"] Merhaba!
Mart ayı başlarında Türkiye'ye seyahat edeceğim ve bazı yerel su altı dünyasını keşfetmek için daha sıcak bölgelere uçmayı düşüneceğim. Samandağ sahili ile ilgili yazılar okudum ama oradan videoları çok heyecan verici bulmadım. Öyleyse gerçekten buna değer mi yoksa şehirleri keşfetmek ve yaz aylarında dalış aktiviteleri için tekrar gelmek daha mı iyi?
Şimdiden teşekkürler :)[/ QUOTE]
Merhaba. Hala Türkiye'deyseniz, Antalya şehir merkezinde bulunan "aziz didier" batık seçiminizi ekleyebilirsiniz. Dalış okulumuz her yıl bu harika batığa yüzlerce dalış yapmaktadır.

Merhaba. Hala Türkiye'deyseniz, Antalya şehir merkezinde bulunan "aziz didier" batık seçiminizi ekleyebilirsiniz. Dalış okulumuz her yıl bu harika batığa yüzlerce dalış yapmaktadır.

Salam,

If you reply in English so others can understand you, you may get other divers wanting to dive through your operation, I may :)

While the Med doesn't have comparable coral reefs and fish to say the Red Sea, but it does have history. I'd ask about historical wrecks that you can dive. There has to be plenty off the Turkish coast.

Salam,

If you reply in English so others can understand you, you may get other divers wanting to dive through your operation, I may :)

Selam.
you are right. thank you. :)

Hello!
I will be traveling to Turkey in early March and thought about flying to warmer regions to explore some local underwater world. I read articles about the Samandağ coast, but I did not find videos from there too exciting. So is it actually worth it or it is better to explore cities and come back in summer for diving activities?
Thanks in advance:)

Hello there. If you are still in Turkey, you can add your selection of "saint didier" shipwrecks located in Antalya city center. Our diving school makes hundreds of dives in this wonderful wreck every year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom