A new future.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Tonight I thought it would be a good idea of opening up with what we are doing at Bob Evans Designs, ChessEvans LLC , Aerohance and Aquahance. We have fallen into a new direction for which I have seen for over 60 years now, With out the politics of the issues we have coming up with real solutions to the World of today.. you help us make this a reality happen for humanity. Thank You. It's a Adventure we can all share together. Like Jules Vern...cast off let's go and make that change. Close the Loop, Reduce Fuel Burn, Be Atmospheric – AeroHance GasPods Project
jules-vern003-fw.jpg

Video has much to say on why aerodynamic efficiency is a good thing, but is kinda thin on how this product promotes it. Are these little turbulators truly a universally applicable design feature that the automotive industry has overlooked all these years? Sure they change the overall flow pattern, they also contribute sectional area and drag all on their own too though; it’s not clear one effect overcomes the other...Overall efficiency is notoriously difficult to quantify driving around on real world streets, do you have any more controlled studies showing how well they work?

This is Scubaboard.
We're you looking for Shark Tank and took a wrong turn?

Just joking
If we all did our part and helped to reduce carbon emisions we could change the world.
Even a small improvement, when magnified by many can have a great impact.

Video has much to say on why aerodynamic efficiency is a good thing, but is kinda thin on how this product promotes it. Are these little turbulators truly a universally applicable design feature that the automotive industry has overlooked all these years? Sure they change the overall flow pattern, they also contribute sectional area and drag all on their own too though; it’s not clear one effect overcomes the other...Overall efficiency is notoriously difficult to quantify driving around on real world streets, do you have any more controlled studies showing how well they work?
Thank you very much. Great comments, Will try to answer intelligently. One issue of me is always being ahead of the CURVE. You cover all the R/D cost, patents and marketing. Then when your ready to hit Pay Dirt some one slips in and with Press coverage kills your Product. For example our Foil Force Fin, ( Split Fin) what appeared one year before others pulled the rug out from under our FIN. But the other designs had it all wrong, going in the wrong direction being a flat where we were a Patented curved shape. After 6 years of selling thousands of Gaspods you will see our technology on newer model cars. But again when you take the creators idea you might be going again in the wrong direction. Having the Pod shape turned with the pointed end forward defects the performance. Go's into the negative. Just like the market for split fins. In the end they never really panned out and the fin market is back to the 1960's
IMG_2037.JPG
shoe fin designs . I will pull up a expensive CFD study we did at the offset. And your 100% right real road conditions give you notice if your saving fuel and not just making your vehicle, truck, more aerodynamic. You would never believe what I did for several years with fleets and drivers, I can look a person in the eyes and share our data.https://aerohance.com/cfd-research/..more on this later. Thanks, Bob

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210112-093453_Samsung-Internet.jpg-fw.jpg
    Screenshot_20210112-093453_Samsung-Internet.jpg-fw.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 142
This is Scubaboard.
We're you looking for Shark Tank and took a wrong turn?

Just joking
If we all did our part and helped to reduce carbon emisions we could change the world.
Even a small improvement, when magnified by many can have a great impact.
Funny you bring up Shark Tank, every time I meet with Fleet managers I feel the bite. Prove your product !! seen this stuff before and does not work. But ours does
20200607_153326-fw.jpg
Save the World – AeroHance GasPods Project..

8 years ago I was traveling once a week to check on our Father Gordon B. Evans in Hermosa Beach, California. I had a idea on my pod shape being able to change air flow. It had worked underwater on my Force Fins. The idea came from the bumps on Whales.Whales Inspire GasPod Design – AeroHance GasPods Project So I just glued some down on the rear edge. Coming home into Santa Barbara I noticed the fuel gauge and saw more than a half tank left. Never seen this before with a year of trips to Los Angeles. Then I remember the pods on the car. After our Father passed on we were given a small gift of money. I decided to gamble ( I do not normally Gamble money) on a CFD study and found the best. Took 8 days and 4.5 hours to crunch those numbers. Over a chunk of change,,,
20190412_072056 (1).jpg
https://aerohance.com/img/GasPods-CFD.pdf

Looking over images for this post, Aquahance found the CFD for ships 30 meter. We did change the flow for fuel savings. Copyright Bob Evans Designs Inc.
back-velocity-2.jpg-fw.jpg

Somehow, it reminds me of the 'denticules' (no idea if that's the correct word it in English, i.e : small teeth) you find on sharks'skin and help them to swim more efficiently.

I've been in the logistics game for years. This reminded me of a product that the trucking industry has been using for well over a decade.

Airtab | Aerodynamic Fuel Savers | How Airtabs Work

Aerodynamics Research Revolutionizes Truck Design | NASA Spinoff
Thanks for the post. I am aware of Airtabs, which help make a freightliner more aerodynamic but have yet to find the fuel savings.? When we ran a base line with two freightliners one with a skirt and one without, could not see any different in fuel savings. So my point is we see 2.7 % fuel saving with all sorts of road conditions. Airfaps spin the air over wishbone NASA shape. Acting as a votex generator. To me this like putting a bandied on a problem. We increase the air flow to enhance performance. you can see at the pump. By the way their are other devices to help but then again the high cost of installation etc. You can see our Pods of the rear edge. Light weight and small.
20180804_104014_resized.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0613-fw.jpg
    IMG_0613-fw.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 117
  • a-rick-truck-fw.jpg
    a-rick-truck-fw.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 121
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom