Covid testing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn... If you open the link your browser will ask if you want it translated. Click on "English" so you can read it. No need to be able to read or speak Spanish these days when viewing most Spanish content online. Click "English" or "Translate" or whatever your browser offers.

My Spanish is sketchy, so after attempting a read myself I just clicked the translate button in Google Chrome and it translated to a somewhat understandable english.

EDIT: You beat me to it! Google translate for the win!

Wow so much for the CDC recommendation for no subsequent retesting for 90 days due to continued positive results after recovery
This is different from retesting a confirmed covid after recovery. In this case the tourists are considered probable infection which they then plan toconfirm by retesting. The hope in this case is that the first test was a false positive and they did a PCR to confirm. If they test negative on the follow up they should be consider negative for covid and able to travel. It is the second test that will be presented to the airline.

At least we got away 3 times in 2020. 2021 is the year of the open air prison, unless you have $$$ and time.

We all thought 2020 was the year to get through and it would get better in 2021. Looks like 2021 we'll be looking back wistfully on how much better it was in 2020.

Looks like Canadians are going to be a rare breed down south for a while.

Airlines suspending certain flights, Ottawa introducing quarantine hotel stays to discourage travel | CBC News
Canada to quarantine travelers, suspend flights to Mexico and the Caribbean

At least we got away 3 times in 2020. 2021 is the year of the open air prison, unless you have $$$ and time.

Reading that, I don't think they are doing it because it will actually stop the spread, it sounds more like punishment. "Oh you want to travel and were willing to tolerate a two week quarantine, lets just make it worse and worse until you stay in the Maple prison until I SAY you are free to go."

• CAD 2,000+ for up to 3 nights??? Man I hope those are luxury suites with food and bar included. Somehow I doubt it, although maybe meals are in there. Wow.

• CAD 2,000+ for up to 3 nights??? Man I hope those are luxury suites with food and bar included. Somehow I doubt it, although maybe meals are in there. Wow.

Unfortunately, you are going to get something quite basic for your $2K. I suspect that a list of hotels will be posted at some point over the weekend.

We all thought 2020 was the year to get through and it would get better in 2021. Looks like 2021 we'll be looking back wistfully on how much better it was in 2020.
Well, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine? :D

Back
Top Bottom