Is this a doubles or singles wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveClimbRide

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone tell if this is a doubles or singles wing? I got a real good deal on trademe for this bcd (315 NZ dollars) and didn't pay too much attention to what I was buying. However the wing looks massive and I'm thinking it might be a doubles wing? The seller claimed it had a lift capacity of 25kg. I initially thought that they meant lbs and didn't think anymore of it but now that it's arrived I'm wondering. This my first bp/w so I've got no experience with how it should look. For reference the flat area inside the donut is the size of the backplate.

View attachment 639309 View attachment 639310

Looks like a doubles wing to me, you'll need a STA to fit a single tank to it as there are no gaps for cam bands in the material around the grommets.

What are the dimensions ?

So much for my response, what ^^^ he ^^^ said.

You always wanted to get doubles anyway, right.

Hopefully that wing came with a bottle salsa.

The good news is when you do get a singles wing it will work on that backplate without a STA.

Right guess I'll have to find a deal on a singles wing then.
Looks like a doubles wing to me, you'll need a STA to fit a single tank to it as there are no gaps for cam bands in the material around the grommets.

What are the dimensions ?

It came with a STA, straps and bolts. Dimensions are (from memory) approximately 0.5m x 1m? I'm not sure as I'm quite bad at estimates.

You always wanted to get doubles anyway, right.

I do actually:eyebrow:, part of the reason I bought a backplate in the first place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom