How to make your own scuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have the mouthpiece and the tube. The bag has a hole.
Does anyone know if an iv bag would work ?
Or any other suggestions?
Thnx

Reactions: OTF
What are you trying to do exactly?
We use to own the scuda which ran water thru the mouthpiece
They no longer make this product.
Trying to rig something up so we dont have to remove the mouthpiece to drink

I would just adapt the hose to attach to a camelback bladder.

Respectfully,

James

scuDa, self contained underwater Drinking apparatus. I remember them being marketed about 20+ years ago.

I read it too late last night and thought this was a 6-year old wondering how to make there own scuBa gear.

Camelback or clone. Easy to fill, cleanable, large enough hose to get a usable drink, shut off valve right at the bite valve. Never seen a scuda in person. No idea how they worked the originally. Just remember seeing the ads for them back in the day.

How long are your dives?

What are the conditions?

How long are your dives?

What are the conditions?
For a friend who liked using it back in the day
Lil surprise if it can be done

I’m sure it can be done but, for me, it would be an unnecessary distraction over the advantage and likely interfere with a clean donation. If on truly long dives, periodic hydration from a dedicated valved line while underway is just another routine procedure, rather like nutritional intake.

There were those used rinsed surgical gloves, in the Caribbean, years ago -- filled with favorite adult beverage; knotted, and simply bit through a finger or thumb and squeezed -- or so I have heard . . .

This is what I used back in the '60s.
5051396-1994_Slide_Edit_.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom