What is the hardest thing about scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At my current level of experience, I'd say the hardest thing is remembering to practice important skills.

The financial aspect is challenging, but a good budget and laser focus excluding most other hobbies helps with this.

Hey Folks,

Number forty three came close to saying it but didn't.

I was taught that peak performance buoyancy was the biggest challenge.

All those years ago, that same instructor told me that scuba diving was 90% PPB, and 10% everything else.

He also told me to continually strive to gain proficiency for the purpose of getting rid of lead ballast.

I started diving in the early 1980's, I dive with a dry suit full time, my kit is my ballast, I use no lead, as a matter of fact, I don't own any lead.

Now with the pandemic, getting back to what used to be normal as far as scuba diving is concerned is definitely the biggest challenge.

For me, it's coming up to a year now since I've been in the water, and I don't think that's about to change any time soon.

LOL,

Rose.

Hey Folks,

Number forty three came close to saying it but didn't.

I was taught that peak performance buoyancy was the biggest challenge.

All those years ago, that same instructor told me that scuba diving was 90% PPB, and 10% everything else.

He also told me to continually strive to gain proficiency for the purpose of getting rid of lead ballast.

I started diving in the early 1980's, I dive with a dry suit full time, my kit is my ballast, I use no lead, as a matter of fact, I don't own any lead.

Now with the pandemic, getting back to what used to be normal as far as scuba diving is concerned is definitely the biggest challenge.

For me, it's coming up to a year now since I've been in the water, and I don't think that's about to change any time soon.

LOL,

Rose.

I'd bet you're diving doubles. . .

I'm not going to read 5 pages of replies, but I know my reply wins.

Deciding where/when to go and how to come up with the money is the hardest part of scuba. :D

Trying to not have so much fun at WORK!!!
upload_2021-2-2_17-58-38.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom