What kind of adapter is this???????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
Ad3.jpg
Ad4.jpg
Ad2.jpg
Ad1.jpg

One side (last pic) is air G5/8.
But what the hell is the other side? I find an o-ring inside.
I can not screw out the inner part, using a hexagonal tool. It seems to be fixed very well.
Inner diameter is about 20 mm.
It does not fit to any of my cylinders and I find no such adapter in the internet. Strange.....
Thanks for your help.

Looks like Atlantis

What is SCBA?
What is Atlantis?
I live in Europe, perhaps these adapters have other names here. Google did not help....

Reactions: OTF
SCBA is Self Contained Breathing Aparatus, used by fireman usually but to me it dosn't look like scba, more like a part from the male regulator side got stuck in a female SCBA valve.

I got out the inner part, looks original, no dammage. And now that the inner part is away, the adapter fits on a He 200 bar valve W 21,80 × 1/14" thread.
It seems this is a He adapter and the inner part should fit into the valve and seal there by o-ring. But in my case it does not, the valve's whole is to small. Strange.
Ad11.jpg
Ad12.jpg
Ad13.jpg

Hi
I found out that He and oxy size is not the same across the different European countries.
For example, Italian oxy fits French He (or something like that...i don't remember :))

Looks like a 5/8ths to M26 female to female adapter.
Definitely no. M26x2 has inside diameter of 24mm, not 20mm. And M26x2 does not have this o-ring-pin.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom