Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The US airlines are apparently getting it together for travel to the (European) Netherlands; seems reasonable to think they'll do the same for Bonaire through ATL by the time their currently-scheduled flights go. XpresCheck, Delta, KLM and United offering rapid COVID-19 testing for US-Netherlands services | CAPA
I would have been shocked if there had not been a partnership with a testing facility. Lots of money to be made.

Well it already is available in Newark, BUT they do not open until 7am and the bonaire flight is 9pm... So unless they expand the hours there is most likely not enough time to get the results and hustle back to the gate. And of course United needs to restart the flights!

Delta just cancelled my groups Bonaire flights for May. Seems a bit premature, but who knows. I guess will call them tomorrow to see what’s up. Meanwhile, American still has flights for that time. Anyone heard anything new?

Delta just cancelled my groups Bonaire flights for May. Seems a bit premature, but who knows. I guess will call them tomorrow to see what’s up. Meanwhile, American still has flights for that time. Anyone heard anything new?
Not Yet, I have flights with American for May 19 -29th, complete silence so far.

Delta has cancelled our early May ATL - BON flights. Our July Delta Bonaire flights are still on the board. Talked to them and they said they don't expect the May flights to be reinstated.

Not Yet, I have flights with American for May 19 -29th, complete silence so far.

Delta has cancelled our early May ATL - BON flights. Our July Delta Bonaire flights are still on the board. Talked to them and they said they don't expect the May flights to be reinstated.

Recopied from my post in the FB Bonaire Expats and Visitors COVID-19 Discussion
------------------------------------------------------
People seem to be wondering when the airlines are flying to Bonaire from the US. This is pretty easy to check for all three airlines at a site like http://matrix.itasoftware.com/, by looking at monthly calendars.
AA is flying from MIA March 6 (Sat) and March 10 (Weds), then every Sat and Weds through the end of August. I did not check further.
DL is flying from ATL, and UA from IAH and EWR, every Saturday from June 5 through the end of August; nothing before that.
This can, of course, change! And there may or may not be seats available, I did not check that either.

I just had to cancel my trip in March.
Had tickets with AA from ATL but due to the lack of the test in Miami I had to cancel..
.. Such a bummer.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom