Uneasy feeling of booking an August trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AA sent notice to 13,000 employees today advising them of layoffs effective April 1....Won’t affect me as I’ll never fly them again...

@DandyDon --you sure you didn't sneak off to Cozumel via some underground Covid railroad? I have never met you, but saw a older white guy with a floppy hat at Marina today that reminded me of your pre-Covid picture from what I remember of it (can't tell because your current photo is with your mask/cubreboca).

He wasn't diving with Salty Endeavors so I pretty much figured it couldn't be you (this long thread about a possible August trip aside). Hope all is well in North Texas

I imagine all of us old fat guys look a lot alike in floppy hats.
Hope all is well in North Texas
The area called North Texas is what the early Texicans considered the northern part that was inhabitable and farmable. I'm west of there halfway across what was then called Nuevo Mexico, later to be known as West Texas, in comparison not Far West Texas or the Trans Pesos area, in particular in the DMZ between the Panhandle and South Plains. :eyebrow:

Mexico_1835-1846_administrative_map-en-2.svg.png

I imagine all of us old fat guys look a lot alike in floppy hats.

The area called North Texas is what the early Texicans considered the northern part that was inhabitable and farmable. I'm west of there halfway across what was then called Nuevo Mexico, later to be known as West Texas, in comparison not Far West Texas or the Trans Pesos area, in particular in the DMZ between the Panhandle and South Plains. :eyebrow:

View attachment 640191

This detailed map shows why Coloradoans (sp) hated Texans. We originally owned the really good ski spots.

061671FA-B52E-4B5F-BCD7-8C653FD53D9A.jpeg

. .

Obviously this is American, and while I hate them, they do seem to be slightly more reliable than United lately.

We haven't had any issues with American either, so I'm curious as well.

I wont fly AA ever again after our last flight down this past December. In fact, we blew off the return and purchased a one way on JB!

It's easiest to think of AA as having gone out of business and US brought the brand and is now operating it. You're flying US (and receiving US levels of customer service) -- it's just labeled AA.

Never a problem with AA! Flying these days is an ordeal. That’s not airline specific. It’s all a means to an end. Just happy not to do the bag drag!

It's easiest to think of AA as having gone out of business and US brought the brand and is now operating it. You're flying US (and receiving US levels of customer service) -- it's just labeled AA.
I don't really care which airline I'm on. It's less than 2 hours from Houston to Cozumel; I can put up with just about anything from an airline for that long.

I've gotta say, though, that I really miss Continental.

Back
Top Bottom