Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a reason to boat dive on Bonaire aside from the frog fish on Klein! :)

Great video of a beautiful site. Thank you for sharing.

How long have you lived on Bonaire? Any regrets?
Your are welcome.
We will have lived on Bonaire 4 years as of the end of this month. Absolutely zero regrets.
Thank you for watching!

Beautiful video! You found some of my favorite fish!

if I spring for gas, can I come dive with you next trip?? :)

Sure.
Beautiful video! You found some of my favorite fish!

if I spring for gas, can I come dive with you next trip?? :)
Sure. I am taking Tec diving training now. I have learned a lot but there is so much more to learn. It seems like an endless stream of knowledge to acquire in Tec. I want to use it to extend what we discover on our channel.

Where are some of the best places you have gone and used your Tec background. NC has lots of wrecks.

Hi @adiverslife

Thanks for the beautiful video. After 7 trips to Bonaire, and 197 dives, we finally dived Rappel and La Dania's Leap in October 2019, off of one of Dive Friends boats. These were both fantastic dives. As was pointed out, there are reasons to boat dive in Bonaire other than going to Klein Bonaire.
There are some other nice places to get to from a boat. One place is Chez Heinz. This whole place is surrounded by private homes and the reef is spectacular. There is also a second reef there.

There are some other nice places to get to from a boat. One place is Chez Heinz. This whole place is surrounded by private homes and the reef is spectacular. There is also a second reef there.
Thanks @adiverslife

I have not been to Chez Heinz, it sounds very good.

Over the years, I have dived many of the mainland sites accessible by boat only, or mostly so. In addition to La Dania's Leap (OK, you can drift to Karpata), and Rappel, I have dived Bloodlet, Country Garden, Bon Bini Na Cas, Kalli's Reef (if you can make the entry, you can drift to Jeff Davis), Barcadera, and Small Wall (unless, of course, you are staying at Black Durgon). These are very good dives, complimentary to the great shore dives.

Sure.

Sure. I am taking Tec diving training now. I have learned a lot but there is so much more to learn. It seems like an endless stream of knowledge to acquire in Tec. I want to use it to extend what we discover on our channel.

Where are some of the best places you have gone and used your Tec background. NC has lots of wrecks.

hopefully we’ll be there 3/6-3/13!

some of my favorite places have been Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, Truk, and of course Bonaire. I’ve done some awesome long dives covering 5 sites in a dive.

Very nicely done.

Question @adiverslife Near the end of the film a lionfish was being consumed by a lobster. Was this lionfish dead or did the lobster hunt it down while it was still alive?

Cheers,

Couv

Very nicely done.

Question @adiverslife Near the end of the film a lionfish was being consumed by a lobster. Was this lionfish dead or did the lobster hunt it down while it was still alive?

Cheers,

Couv
It was mostly done and escaped from my wife's zookeeper. The lobster got it.

hopefully we’ll be there 3/6-3/13!

some of my favorite places have been Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, Truk, and of course Bonaire. I’ve done some awesome long dives covering 5 sites in a dive.
That is fantastic! You have a rebreather?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom