Drysuit survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same. Nothing i need, but its not bad i guess.

You should add santi to the list.

A bit of a solution looking for a problem to fix.
Oversized. Over powered fan.

OK, college project. I get it. Made a DIY dryer and trying to figure how to market it. School project. Better to have failures here and not in the real world.

I'm going to say you missed the up front R&D. Look at existing solutions, what problems exist with those? Can they be improved? This doesn't look friendly to ship. Pretty sure the design didn't have that much evolution to it. V1.2, no realizing there was a fundamental flaw and starting with a V2.0

I have a similar DIY version. Separate legs that are dropped into the suit first. So much less fussy than the video of threading the legs onto the slingshot. Height looks to be an issue, I bet that is over 8' tall. Lot of homes don't have the ceiling height for that.

Interesting that the product concept video shows an Aqualung Fusion Bullet being put on the suit dryer. Here some thoughts that come to mind:

1. The suit in the video is dry...a fusion bullet when wet is a bit heavier and will be even more of a pain in the arse to get situated on the dryer.

2. The big issue with the fusion bullet is not drying the inside of the suit...the issue is getting the dang neoprene outer skin dry an efficient amount of time.....putting the suit on a blown air drying rack that circulates air inside the suit does nothing to address the outer skin of this suit.

-Z

done.. I did build something like yours for my gloves an booties.. when I dive wet suit

Both the product and survey are pretty slick for a school project. Looks like an “A” to me.

Reactions: OTF

Back
Top Bottom