Where and how do you keep your cutting tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mini-knife clipped to D-ring at left chest, next to safety sausage. EMT shears in left BC pocket. I've never had to use the knife (in the water I mean), and scissors only a couple of times. I must dive in boring venues? ;-)

Small knife on left forearm (if I wear it), but always have a trilobite on waist strap centered.

Eezycut on the left waist strap and emt shears on the left shoulder strap.
If i dive jacket style i have a knifeatached to it and a trilobite in a pocket.

You guys like the ceramic trilobites?

Guys thanks to you all, many interesting solutions and some I didn't know
I have 2 trilobites (one ceramic and the other one metal), maybe one day I will get also a shears/knife like the Cressi Alligator. I probably don't need it but I like the idea...

One the inside of the left calf, one on the corrugated BC hose, trilobite in pocket on right thigh, one on BC waist strap on left and EMT shears on right BC strap. I'll add trilobites to my DC straps when I can get them.

I have always used the standard (7 inch?) dive knife & holster. I keep it on the inside of my right leg just below the knee when in my full wetsuit. I also use the strap to secure my small poke spear. When using the shorty in summer in NY I keep it in my BC pocket rather than on my bare leg, and attach it to a D ring by rope so it can't slip out of the pocket. When on my leg I also use a rope to secure it around the leg in case the strap breaks. I also attach the knife to the holster with fishing line in a way that I can still remove the knife from the holster if I need it-- because once I lost a knife out of the holster on a dive and that's another $30-40 for a new one.
In over 850 dives I have never used my knife.

I have a trilobyte on my right waist strap I have used it twice to cut monofilament on night dives on the Capt Tony in Boynton Beach. It was a piece of cake. I have a nice folding titanium knife in a pocket. I have only used it to stab Lionfish.

I keep a trilobyte on my computer on my right wrist (same solution as @Marie13) and I have a pair of steel shears in a holster to the left of my waist buckle.

I preferentially use the shears (easier to reach, easier to manipulate) and treat the trilobyte as a backup for line entanglements.

Nothing unique about it. I just phrased it badly.

View attachment 641209

Did you have to run the bungees through the knife sheath loop before you attached the bungees to the computers or is the sheath loop attached with velcro to the sheath?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom