Availability of testing in Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunn

Contributor
Reaction score
PCR test available in Hurghada for 480 EGP (+/- 25 EUR, 31 USD)

Common lab called المعمل المشترك

coordinates
27°15'10.7"N 33°48'45.8"E
27.252844182905974, 33.81278898267591

Needed : copy of passport and copy of visa, flight reservation (back to your country) and hotel reservation in Hurghada

Screenshot-2021-02-06-Google-Maps.png

Correct.
And for our non-arabic friends, it's called "Ministry of the Health and Population" in Dahar/Hurghada
I prefer this format for coordinates N 27° 15.167 E 33° 48.763
:D
Alternative is El Ghouna Hospital.

Correct.
And for our non-arabic friends, it's called "Ministry of the Health and Population" in Dahar/Hurghada
I prefer this format for coordinates N 27° 15.167 E 33° 48.763
:D
Alternative is El Ghouna Hospital.

This is very helpful. Is it possible to make an appointment in advance? I've extended my stay after my liveaboard by two days in order to insure that I get my test results before continuing on to my next African destination (in Southern Africa) and it would be great to be able to waltz right in and get the test done with an appointment. And, true to form, my flights/itinerary are insanely complicated. :wink:

A
And another Lab in Hurghada - not confirmed yet by someone's personal experience:
Omega Lab in Hurghada, Dahar – Square – Church street
Results available in 30 min, 555 EGP, CC accepted, possibility to get sample taken at hotel.
or see post here on 17.02.2021 at 06:11

According to their Facebook page they are offering an antigen test for people traveling back to their home countries.

"SARS-Cov-2 (Covid-19) antigen test
For traveling
Official Report Accepted for : Poland, Germany, UK, USA, Netherlands, Denmark, Austria
Results : Within 30 minutes
===================
Cost : 30 €
1f4b6.png
/or 555 LE
Pay by Card (Visa, Master, etc) or Cash
Free visit to your place (Home/Hotel)
Free results delivery (Home/Hotel)"

That's great news that more tests are being offered. I wonder if airlines, like Emirates, will accept them? They have been pretty diligent about only accepting PCR tests for all passengers. I need to Google that. I wish that the rest of Africa would accept these to make the rest of my journey easier! Especially because I'll be vaccinated by the time I take my trip. :wink:

Lucky you - that will certainly avoid some stress.
Unfortunately there are very few (if any at all) countries already taking account of vaccination at the moment.
Perhaps because it is not clear whether you can still spread the virus or not - but that's a topic for another thread.

And another Lab in Hurghada - not confirmed yet by someone's personal experience:
Omega Lab in Hurghada, Dahar – Square – Church street
Results available in 30 min, 555 EGP, CC accepted, possibility to get sample taken at hotel.
or see post here on 17.02.2021 at 06:11
Thanks for this info @JustSurfaceInterval. I have a Red Sea trip booked for next week and was worried about the new 24 hour testing requirement. I contacted this lab about a test for my return home flight on the 15th. I'll report back! They will apparently come to my hotel for a reasonable price ($40).

Back
Top Bottom