I've forgotten how to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had plenty of dives for 2020, although fewer than previous years. I’m diving through this winter at least once a month. Hope the ice holds out for my ice diving class the first weekend in March in WI.

I just hope the local quarry opens in early April as they normally would. Due to spring lockdown, didn’t open until early June last year.

I’m hoping this long drawn out pandemic has a positive effect on local shore diving.
Maybe more people will get over their paranoia of cold water and try more local diving, especially in my area.

Definitely saw more warm water divers at my local quarry last summer. Talked to many of them and they decided to try local diving as they couldn’t travel. Too bad viz was cruddy for much of the summer.

Definitely saw more warm water divers at my local quarry last summer. Talked to many of them and they decided to try local diving as they couldn’t travel. Too bad viz was cruddy for much of the summer.
We have some great shore diving out here on the west coast too. I’m always on a quest to try and promote local shore diving in my area as an alternative to flying somewhere. I’m amazed at how finicky people are and how paranoid they are about sticking a toe in cold water. To many, anything below 75 degrees is a deal breaker. To me that’s bath tub water! Cold water west coast diving is some of the best and most lush diving you can find!
If people want to experience total dive freedom and do what they want when they want this is the place to do it. Plus there is a lot to do and explore topside. It’s also doable as a road trip from many western states.

We have some great shore diving out here on the west coast too. I’m always on a quest to try and promote local shore diving in my area as an alternative to flying somewhere. I’m amazed at how finicky people are and how paranoid they are about sticking a toe in cold water. To many, anything below 75 degrees is a deal breaker. To me that’s bath tub water! Cold water west coast diving is some of the best and most lush diving you can find!
If people want to experience total dive freedom and do what they want when they want this is the place to do it. Plus there is a lot to do and explore topside. It’s also doable as a road trip from many western states.

Many locals down here in South Florida refuse to dive in the winter because the water is 70-75 F :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I spent my first 10 years diving, mostly from shore, in Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties. For a treat, I would take a day trip to Catalina. The diving was wonderful, and it taught me to be skilled, confident, self reliant diver. For many years, I would try to dive every time I had the opportunity to return to California. Sadly, I have not had the chance since 2012

The Gods of diving must have seen me read this; a text message went ding from one of my regular boats for some dives. Yay, in the water in March and April!

Provided our political overlords allow us do do something as dangerous as leave the house, then there's four lovely CCR dives lined up on three steam passenger ships and a two destroyers. Alas the bad news is he doesn't like DPVs, so need to remember how to toad kick. Ah yes, breathe and enjoy the diving. The rest is falling with style.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom