Paralenz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay Adams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I hope this is not a repeat forum,
I just bought a paralenz dive plus camera. I am awaiting arrival, it has shipped. does anyone have experience with this camera that can give me some suggestions, ideas, or pointers? I have seen many reviews and watched a dozen or more youtube videos. I hope it's as good as all the hype.
thanks for any help or feedback. I will post back after my first dive and let you all know my thoughts.

I just bought a paralenz dive plus camera. I am awaiting arrival, it has shipped. does anyone have experience with this camera that can give me some suggestions, ideas, or pointers? I have seen many reviews and watched a dozen or more youtube videos. I hope it's as good as all the hype.
thanks for any help or feedback. I will post back after my first dive and let you all know my thoughts.

Why did you buy this EoS camera and not the new one?

I had a terrible experience. It overheated then died. Tried to get support and got none.
Overall I’m totally disappointed. I had high hopes for it.

First thought is to use a really good SD card especially when shooting at higher resolutions.

Secondly when reviewing temp data, be mindful that the camera does get warm especially in tropical waters so your temperature reading may be higher than what your computer was reading.

Last thought is that using a light and some type of mount will go a long way toward making better videos, but you probably know that from using the GoPro 3

I also went to a Paralenz from a GoPro 3 and was happy with my decision. Now if I could only do some diving and take a few short videos. Good luck and be safe.

First thought is to use a really good SD card especially when shooting at higher resolutions.

Secondly when reviewing temp data, be mindful that the camera does get warm especially in tropical waters so your temperature reading may be higher than what your computer was reading.

Last thought is that using a light and some type of mount will go a long way toward making better videos, but you probably know that from using the GoPro 3

I also went to a Paralenz from a GoPro 3 and was happy with my decision. Now if I could only do some diving and take a few short videos. Good luck and be safe.
Lights are a must I find

Mine’s been very reliable over the past two years. Most pleased that it’s not flooded in 150+ dives down to 75m/245ft.

It is quirky. The firmware’s improved.

I’ve bought the update kit and use the strong ball mount to put it on my canister torch (either a NW7 or an Anchor 189). Have used it on a tray. I’m not a photographer and just want it with me in case there’s something interesting — no point in seeing a mermaid if there’s no photo evidence.

it’s just about small enough to be convenient. Battery life’s great >2 hours. Pictures OK.

Much better than a GoPro + housing which I’ve flooded.

I would consider using a modern GoPro in a proper dive housing (metal not plastic) if I was doing more photography simply because of the viewfinder, although the battery life is poor.

I dive with it on my primary torches (Anchor 189 and a LfM NW7). These have a bright wide beam as well as a narrow beam. Carrying a second wide beam gives a better lighting coverage.

Back
Top Bottom