We are doing it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought Meridiano too was membrane but someone a few months said they weren't - I never went back down to ask/ Aldora is membrane, i didn't look real close at the guy next to them.

I have seen the liquid O2 tanks at Meridiano in the non scuba bay....

Meridiano 87 uses O2 blending per their website and also provides industrial and medical gasses to the island. The other scuba fill, commercial, suppliers AICO and Lin-Mar use membrane systems. For years Meridiano was the only commercial filler for Nitrox but that is no longer the case. The Greek gentleman who runs AICO came over from the mainland a couple years back and started a fill station across from Casa Mission. I not sure when Lin-Mar began doing nitrox but they also use a membrane system as I picked up an O2 sensor for their control panel sensor in a couple months back. AICO is fanatic about fill levels, every tank leaving their facility gets a pressure check and if low it gets a leak check, typical fills are 3100 PSI

As @horn34 the mayor of Cozumel has kept restrictions unchanged from the yellow level since our metrics are better than the mainland
Cozumel deaths are small fraction of what they were in August (down from 2 a day to more like one a week).

am i missing something ? coz is loosing one person a week to covid ? and this is considered good ? what planet are we on ?
i live in a city of about 100,000. we have lost about 27 people since this all began. we currently have 3 people in the hospital with one of those being n icu. and we are in total lockdown.

am i missing something ? coz is loosing one person a week to covid ? and this is considered good ? what planet are we on ?
i live in a city of about 100,000. we have lost about 27 people since this all began. we currently have 3 people in the hospital with one of those being n icu. and we are in total lockdown.

The state of Q Roo supposedly has 1.72 million people and reported deaths are 2300 so far - that is 0.1% of the population, Cozumel has 100k people and 111 deaths, about the same percentage, 0.1%.

Last year in the US, great medical care, according to the CDC, there were 659,000 deaths by heart disease with 340 million people - that's 0.19% of the population.

Twice as many people die from heart disease (US) verses COVID (MX) per year but yet we still sell cigarettes, coffee, soda pop and all sorts of other bad things to ingest.

Now I'm not sure what the Canadian government has contributed to it's citizens but here in Cozumel, we've gotten two boxes of food and 10% off the low tier rate of our electric bill for one month..... I'm not sure of how many people died in the Yucatan due to alcohol poisoning in the early months of this craziness but it's damn near 27 (hand sanitizer and coke was a popular way to go) if not more - they were locked down with a no booze law.

Sometimes I wonder if we put things in perspective, how much differently we might look at them. There is no way that this island or state could survive any sort of lockdown - the government can't provide for the people, they just can't. Life must go on here and it has, we have learned to live with COVID and any death is terrible, but a lockdown would be so much more devastating....

Rick's obviously been locked down by his Canadian government for too long as is going crazy. The US, Mexico and many other countries are moving forward because all now know that 99% of those getting infected are idiots who don't practice best practices to avoid getting infected. Those who are afraid should stay home, lock down, and do whatever helps them sleep at night. The rest of us who abide by best practices know the risk of contracting Covid is so low due to the measures we take that we needn't worry about it. The OP is gonna have a great time visiting and diving Coz just as we did in December for 2 weeks.

Rick's obviously been locked down by his Canadian government for too long as is going crazy. The US, Mexico and many other countries are moving forward because all now know that 99% of those getting infected are idiots who don't practice best practices to avoid getting infected. Those who are afraid should stay home, lock down, and do whatever helps them sleep at night. The rest of us who abide by best practices know the risk of contracting Covid is so low due to the measures we take that we needn't worry about it. The OP is gonna have a great time visiting and diving Coz just as we did in December for 2 weeks.
We did have a great time visiting and always felt safe (Covid) I would do it again if I were to right away. 8 days underwater 17 dives total. even got 3 bonus days due to the severe texas weather shutting down air travel. already looking to book again. the only negative was having to take two Covid test thanks to the travel delays. we tested early just in case of any complications. looking back now my advice is test later due to such issues with travel.

even got 3 bonus days due to the severe texas weather shutting down air travel.

perhaps not the best choice of words considering those same storms have caused 40 to 50 billion dollars in damages across your country and caused immeasurable suffering for a great many of your citizens not only in texas but elsewhere as well.

I thought Meridiano too was membrane but someone a few months said they weren't - I never went back down to ask/ Aldora is membrane, i didn't look real close at the guy next to them.

I have seen the liquid O2 tanks at Meridiano in the non scuba bay....
Stathis is membrane also.

Stathis is membrane also.
And nothing leaves his loading dock without a pressure check, typical fill is around 3100 PSIG, if low they leak check the cylinder and find out why (valve or neck seal leak) and document it for the customer. Great folks to deal with.

Stathis is a good tech and a good businesman and a nice guy. And he has great employees.

Stathis is a good tech and a good businesman and a nice guy. And he has great employees.

I met with him the other day - very nice guy, very clean operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom