Yearning for Cozumel weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In Austin we are having an ice storm now and the latest forecast is for snow on Monday and a low of 7 degrees F on Monday night. I know for some of you guys this is routine for February but for Austin it may be a 100 year record low.

Every morning I call up a Cozumel webcam and stare at it while I have my morning coffee. Heavy sigh.

If you want to make it worse, send Mario from Aldora a friend request on Facebook - he posts boat pics every morning when he's working and it makes me miss diving everyday......

Better yet, hop a flight...life’s too short to be cold and dry!

That's hilarious. And borderline self-torture. Maybe it would be better for your psyche to start your morning with:
Mount Washington Observatory | Webcams

I hiked the Ammonusac Trail two years ago in August. 81F at the base. 19F at the summit. Then rained all the way down on the Jewell until we got to the cog railway where it was sunny and 79F. Amazing place.

Reactions: OTF
7 sounds warm to me
IMG_20210211_150405884.jpg

Weather Underground is expecting 3" of snow in Austin Monday morning. I've been trying to convince my daughter that this is not a good weekend to take her mother and daughter shopping in Fort Worth. I've seen how southerly Texans drive on ice: Fast & Sideways. Then I saw the 100+ car pile up in Fort Worth news. Last I heard she was combat shopping at the grocery with the rest of Lubbock, stocking up to shelter in place.

I do the same thing almost daily now with the St.Croix webcams, but since I do have a trip booked for Cozumel late in the year I better switch over. Maybe that will help as I try to bone up on my Spanish!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom