Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m no understanding, you guys only have one Freedom plate???

What a magnificent idea! Errrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccc!!!!!!!!

full.jpg

I enlarged the centre of the top slot

Simpleness of the multitudinal use factor continues with the Freedom finding itself sidetracked somewhere

full.jpg

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 200
With gallons of room for a wing when bolted to the convex curved bridge

full.jpg

OR weld in a flat bridge, have the plate against the tanks YUM and use a wing with a broader centre panel

full

And here's where a lot of it happens with grinding and schmalzing in garden beds and on top of rubbish bins
full

with the Tom Cruise at the back and the younger reinforced model, the Keith Urban at the front, Work Platforms!

DSC01755.jpg Freedom_and_VDH_20201115.jpeg

Believe it or not, I just now am seeing this thread for the first time! Here's an old pic (c. 2010) of my then-new SS Freedom plate. I wrote about my inaugural dive in this SB thread: Freedom Plate: First Dive.

I don't have a recent pic, but I have changed nothing at all since that inaugural dive--except from time to time I will switch out the Y-valve for a K-valve with insert removed, to sometimes use my Poseidon Odin regs just to give them a bit of love (since they've gone neglected since I moved away from the Great Lakes region and since I ceased technical diving).

My plate has only been dived in fresh water, so it continues to look exactly the same as in this pic. And it continues to delight!

ETA: Correction: A couple of years ago I switched out the black harness webbing for some brilliant blue stuff--just because.

ETA: Here's a just-taken pic, from the scuba room, of my Freedom Plate mounted on a PST HP120. (She's next to a DA Aqua Master (VDH PRAM) and VDH plate mounted on a OMS 66.)

rx7diver

Over the past 12 months ScubaBoard has helped me get all of my own gear for me and my 2 young boys who will be new to SCUBA in 2021. I picked up 3 Freedom Plates from @Eric Sedletzky , 4 G250V's from @buddhasummer and @rsingler rebuilt my used MK10s' I sourced from Craigslist. This picture was taken prior to my first trip to Cozumel with all of my own gear in late August. Having your own stuff is so much better than resting! Thanks to all who've helped me in 2020!

20200825-160405.jpg

20200825-160426.jpg

Mask booger checker

full.jpg

and solar powered laser for attracting high flying stuff on other continents
Is that two Made My Own stabilisers, or three. I can't wait to scratch it up.

Merry Christmas

Madness!

It's done The Freedom Rig!

full.jpg

Time now to scratch it up

full.jpg

Freedom Rigs home

full.jpg

Too exhausted to talk, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Thanks Eric, now it's off to blow some minds

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom